Thunder Bay Campus
Contract, Part Time (up to 15 hours per week)
Competition # GEN-23-03
Under general supervision, the incumbent will provide administrative support to the department of Physical Plant and Lakehead University’s 46 buildings, leases, properties, and employees in a high-volume work environment. Financial processing and protocol requiring a knowledge of projects, collective agreements, tenders, arrange meetings, compose memos/emails/letters, capital project records of expenditures and working collaboratively with all staff members to ensure department goals, priorities and timing schedules are met. The following is a brief outline off the responsibilities. A job fact sheet detailing the required duties is available in the Office of Human Resources.
• Answer phones and take messages when required.
• Setting up ledgers and maintaining records of capital funded projects - FRP, SCIP, organizing and
• Oversee the database implementation and maintenance of employee training, inventory,
elevator licensing, safety equipment inventory, employee uniform/footwear purchases/invoices, etc.
• Oversee attendance for part-time and full-time payroll processing, vacation,
sick, overtime usage all while meeting strict deadlines.
• Greet contractors, visitors, staff/faculty for meetings.
• Analyze and solve problems associated with responsibilities and gather information for staff inquiries.
• Supports front administration during vacation or illness.
• Maintain confidential staff files.
• Answer and disseminate information to employees.
• Minimum Post-Secondary education with 2 years of proven administrative assistant experience.
Diploma or Degree in Business Administration would be an asset;
• Front desk and customer experience are preferred
• Demonstrated proficiency with PC’s, and various office programs including Microsoft Office
(Word, Excel), Google Workspace, etc.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle stress, constant interruptions, and numerous deadlines
Interested applicants may apply by clicking on this link to a Google Form and attaching your cover letter and resume in word or PDF format by April 26, 2023.
If you have any technical difficulties in accessing the link, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lakehead University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identify or gender expression. Lakehead University is committed to an environment of open access to employment opportunities. Accommodations are available for all applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources. We appreciate your interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.