Mail/Printing Clerk, Printing & Mail Services, Competition # COPE-22-27, Thunder Bay, ON
Printing & Mail Services
Thunder Bay Campus
Permanent, Part Time (September to April)
COPE, Level 2
Competition # COPE-22-27
Under general supervision, the incumbent will sort and direct incoming and outgoing mail and perform delivery duties. A job fact sheet detailing the required duties is available in the Office of Human Resources.
- Receives and sorts all mail and parcels, internal and external;
- On a regular route, or as requested, delivers and/or picks up mail and printing from departments or designated pick-up and delivery areas;
- Dispatches outgoing mail from the University;
- Re-directs improperly addressed mail;
- Provides customer service for mail room and print shop – weighing, registering and insuring of mail, processing incoming printing orders, photocopying, handling cash sales for printing, postage and photocopying;
- Responsible for the security and confidentiality of mail, exams, tests, cash and postage meter;
- Meters, bundles and bags outgoing mail;
- Prepares requisitions for required supplies and services;
- Inputs data onto computer shipping system (digital mail processing machine and Canada Post system)
- Processes Purolator letters and packages using the Purolator shipping system;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 minimum;
- Must have a valid driver’s license;
- Must have some computer skills to operate shipping system and mail processing equipment;
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 30 kilograms; must pass a physical demands test;
- Ability to maintain polite and courteous relationships with faculty, staff, students and the general public;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to acquire speed and accuracy in sorting mail;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all materials handled;
- Ability to handle cash and cash sales;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to write up all parcels containing tracking numbers for Residence and departments;
- Ability to track mail, telephone and internet services;
- Familiarity with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and other health and safety regulations and standards.
A conditional offer of employment will be extended to the successful applicant. On evidence that a candidate is able to meet the physical demands of the essential duties of the job, as determined through the completion of a pre-employment screening, a final offer of employment will be extended to the candidate. The screening will be based on the Physical Demands Analysis (PDA) of the job.
Interested INTERNAL COPE applicants may apply by clicking on this link to a Google Form and attaching your cover letter and resume in word or PDF format by September 15, 2022.
If you have any technical difficulties in accessing the link, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Lakehead University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals including women, racialized persons, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and other equity-seeking groups. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. This is in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements.
Lakehead University is committed to supporting an accessible environment. Applicants requiring accommodation during the interview process should contact the Office of Human Resources at (807) 343.8334 or email@example.com to make appropriate arrangements.