- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
The Lakehead University Work Study Program (LU WSP) provides part-time employment opportunities to eligible undergraduate students during the academic year. These positions provide students with an invaluable opportunity to work with, and be mentored by, Lakehead University faculty and staff.
The LU WSP is an opportunity for departments and faculties to employ a student's talents for part-time employment (10 hours/week is recommended) through the provision of a $1,000 per semester maximum subsidy (includes wage and payroll deductions).
Employment through the LU WSP begins on September 3, 2017. The final day students are able to work within this program is March 17, 2018.
The LU WSP Job Request application is available here. Login as an "Employer" and select the following: Jobs > On Campus Work Study > Post a Job
Very Important Information
All proposed positions submitted before the published deadline will be given equal consideration. However, some requests may not be approved particularly if multiple requests are made by the same department. This is to ensure that work placement positions are available in as many departments as possible.
There is no guarantee that positions submitted after the deadline will be considered and/or approved.
We are not responsible for providing any wage subsidy for posted LU WSP positions that have not yet been approved. Please do not post positions as LU WSP openings if they have not yet been approved.
Once your employment position has been approved, please make sure the student(s) hired are eligible (see below).
Please note that NSERC-USRA or NSERC students are not eligible for LU WSP positions.
Out of fairness to all eligible students, employers will wait until after the closing date of the posting to contact those individuals who they wish to interview. All students must receive approval before they apply for a LU WSP position (never after). Qualified students will be provided with a personalized "LU WSP Eligibility Form" which must be attached to their employment application (cover letter and resume).
Students hired must demonstrate financial need in the current study period (September 2017 – April 2018). This means that students applying for LU WSP positions will have to declare that they:
- Are a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident (international, unfortunately, students are not eligible)
- Have applied and were approved for student financial aid, the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP), bursaries, and/or demonstrate financial need through the budget form on the Eligibility Application.
- Are attending Lakehead University as a full-time undergraduate student in both the fall and winter semesters (ie. 60% course load, or 40% course load for students with a permanent disability)
Students who do not currently attend Lakehead University are not eligible for the LU WSP
Should a student resign from his/her LU WSP position, re-hiring of that same student by another department or faculty is not permitted.
WHIMS (safety) training and AODA (accessibility standards) training are mandatory for all new employees. For more information, please contact Human Resources by telephone at (807) 343-8334, or via email at email@example.com.
- August 1, 2017: The first day for employers to submit an employment position.
- August 15, 2017: The last day for employers to submit an employment position.
- August 16, 2017: The first day for students to apply LU WSP eligibility
- October 20, 2017: The final day for students to apply LU WSP eligibility
- October 27, 2017: The deadline to hire a student to work within the LU WSP