Desktop Technician I, Technology Services Centre, Competition # OR-22-12, Orillia ON
Desktop Technician I
Technology Services Centre
Full Time OPSEU Position
$31.66 - $37.54 per hour
Competition # OR-22-12
Lakehead University invites applications from dynamic, creative and enthusiastic IT professionals to join our team. Reporting to the Manager, Server, Desktop & Client Services, this position supports students, faculty and staff and requires a high level of discretion and confidentiality. As a senior member within the Desktop team, this position provides a high degree of technical knowledge in various hardware and software platforms, coupled with advanced troubleshooting skills to resolve a wide variety of complex issues with proficiency and accuracy. Strong communication skills, a solid technical background and a focus on delivering results are fundamental to the success in the role.
- Provides support with demonstrable knowledge in OSX/iOS, Windows, imaging deployment with System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) and JAMF;
- Responsible for standardization and device procurement for staff, labs and Research departments by utilizing current OECM vendors;
- Configure and maintain computer systems for student labs, employees while troubleshooting hardware and software issues;
- Cross-train in additional areas within the team environment to ensure business continuity;
- Respond to incident reporting through the ticketing system while ensuing priority and follow-up approach.
- Post secondary education in a computer related field along with 2 years of related experience within a larger organization.
- Demonstrated experience with Active Directory, Windows operating systems, MS Office/365 applications, Mac operating systems, Network (LAN/WAN) concepts, VPN technologies, mobile technologies, and printing solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge in imaging deployment with System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) and JAMF;
- Strong customer service focused approach and excellent interpersonal skills in a constantly changing environment.
- Proficient in troubleshooting and resolving technical problems.
- Self-starter with the ability to work well independently and in a team and will possess basic networking skills.
- ACMT certification, along with bash scripting and related Windows certifications will be an asset.
- Ability to communicate technical information to a variety of customers with varying levels of knowledge and comfort with computers.
- Committed to continuous learning, respect confidentiality, adhere to department practices and industry standards and provide quality service.
This position offers a competitive remuneration package including salary, comprehensive benefits package, life insurance, a pension plan and tuition waiver. Compensation offers are evaluated based on a combination of education, experience, qualification, and other pertinent factors. The hours of work is primarily a Monday to Friday day shift. When required, the shift may be modified to suit the needs of the University which may include some evening and weekend work.
For more information related to this position, a job fact sheet can be made available by contacting the Office of Human Resources.
Interested applicants may apply by clicking on this link to a Google Form and attaching your cover letter and resume in word or PDF format by August 29, 2022.
If you have any technical difficulties in accessing the link, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lakehead University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals including women, racialized persons, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and other equity-seeking groups. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. This is in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements.
We appreciate your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be notified. Lakehead University is committed to supporting an accessible environment. Please ask us how we may help you by contacting the Office of Human Resources, Lakehead University, (807) 343.8334 email@example.com.