International Graduate Studies Clerk, Faculty of Graduate Studies, Competition # COPE-22-28, Thunder Bay, ON
International Graduate Studies Clerk
Faculty of Graduate Studies
COPE, Level 5 (Under Review)
Competition # COPE-22-28
Under general supervision, the incumbent will provide customer service support to international student applicants, administrative support to the Graduate Studies Office, as well as act as the point of contact for the Lakehead International Agents. The International Graduate Studies Clerk acts as a representative of the Faculty of Graduate Studies for international recruitment initiatives.
- Provide professional customer service to potential and current applicants as well as Lakehead International Agents;
- Respond appropriately to inquiries related to international graduate admissions through telephone, email, fax, and/or mail;
- Triage international applicant requests to the appropriate office member;
- Provide general administrative assistance to the office (e.g., correspondences, composing memos/letters/forms, coordinate meetings and produce reports.
- Backup for the Administrative Clerk producing letters of Admission, and responds to a large number of emails from potential and current applicants;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Grade 12 minimum, post-secondary education is a related area;
- 2 years of relevant experience, preferably in a University environment;
- Proficiency with PCs and various office programs including Microsoft Office, Colleague/Datatel, Adobe, and have the ability to adapt and learn new systems and software as required;
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment;
- Ability to work and handle all office duties in a professional and confidential manner;
- Ability to multitask a variety of high priority duties and work under pressure of deadlines and frequent interruptions;
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as work independently with minimal direction and supervision in a fast paced, dynamic environment;
- Familiarity with University regulations and policies will be considered an asst.
Interested INTERNAL applicants may apply by clicking on this link to a Google Form and attaching your cover
letter and resume in word or PDF format by October 19, 2022.
If you have any technical difficulties in accessing the link, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Lakehead University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals including women, racialized persons, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and other equity-seeking groups. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. This is in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements.
Lakehead University is committed to supporting an accessible environment. Applicants requiring accommodation during the interview process should contact the Office of Human Resources at (807) 343.8334 or email@example.com to make appropriate arrangements.