Welcome to Teaching Commons
Intended to be “a space to dream big about teaching,” the Teaching Commons supports faculty, instructors, and graduate students in developing and applying innovative and research-based approaches to all areas of teaching and learning:
- Instructional design
- Curriculum development
- Classroom management
- Educational technology
- Active learning
- Experiential education
- Indigenous curriculum integration
- And much, much more!
We also curate essential pedagogical resources on these and other teaching-related topics and provide technical support for mycourselink/D2L.
Through workshops, peer-teaching assessments, and individual or small-group consultations, we cultivate excellence and promote diversity, equity, and access within and across Lakehead University’s diverse disciplinary and cultural contexts.
We are here to help . . .
- Faculty and instructors become even more effective in the classroom (on-campus or online)
- Graduate students become effective teachers even before they enter a classroom
Call (807.343.8010 ext. 7730), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or stop by (LI 5014) to discuss any of the following:
- Effective and engaging in-class, online, and blended teaching practices
- Innovative learning technologies
- Graduate students' professional development
- Indigenous and intercultural curriculum
- The scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL)
Let’s “dream big” about teaching together!