Welcome to Teaching Commons
Please note: While our site is undergoing its upgrade and redesign, all essential resources to support your teaching can be found on this site, and many of the pedagogical materials from our previous site are still available through the main and sub-menus above. If something is missing, please let us know.
Intended to be “a space to dream big about teaching,” the Teaching Commons supports faculty, instructors, and graduate students in developing and applying innovative and research-based approaches to all areas of teaching and learning:
- Instructional design
- Curriculum development
- Classroom management
- Educational technology
- Active learning
- Experiential education
- Indigenous curriculum integration
- And much, much more!
We also curate essential pedagogical resources on these and other teaching-related topics and provide technical support for mycourselink/D2L.
Through workshops, peer-teaching assessments, and individual or small-group consultations, we cultivate excellence and promote diversity, equity, and access within and across Lakehead University’s diverse disciplinary and cultural contexts.
We are here to help . . .
- Faculty and instructors become even more effective in the classroom (on-campus or online)
- Graduate students become effective teachers even before they enter a classroom
Call (807.343.8010 ext. 7730), email (email@example.com), or stop by (LI 5014; after the pandemic!) to discuss any of the following:
- Effective and engaging in-class, online, and blended teaching practices
- Innovative learning technologies
- Graduate students' professional development
- Indigenous and intercultural curriculum
- The scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL)
Let’s “dream big” about teaching together!