Registration for the Summer Teaching Institute (June 13-15, 2023) is now open! For the list of sessions and the registration link, click here!
Welcome to Teaching Commons
Intended to be “a space to dream big about teaching,” the Teaching Commons supports faculty, instructors, and graduate students in developing and applying innovative and research-based approaches to all areas of teaching and learning:
- Instructional design
- Curriculum development
- Classroom management
- Educational technology
- Active learning
- Experiential education
- Indigenous curriculum integration
- And much, much more!
We also curate essential pedagogical resources on these and other teaching-related topics and provide technical support for mycourselink/D2L.
Through workshops, peer-teaching assessments, and individual or small-group consultations, we cultivate excellence and promote diversity, equity, and access within and across Lakehead University’s diverse disciplinary and cultural contexts.
We are here to help . . .
- Faculty and instructors become even more effective in the classroom (on-campus or online)
- Graduate students become effective teachers even before they enter a classroom
Call (807.343.8010 ext. 7730), email (email@example.com), or stop by (LI 5014) to discuss any of the following:
- Effective and engaging in-class, online, and blended teaching practices
- Innovative learning technologies
- Graduate students' professional development
- Indigenous and intercultural curriculum
- The scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL)
Let’s “dream big” about teaching together!