- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
While the pursuit of knowledge is now compartmentalized according to specialized disciplines, philosophy continues to address larger questions about the nature of truth, goodness, beauty and reality.
Interested in Philosophy?
Studying Philosophy at Lakehead University you will learn:
- fundamental concepts in Philosophy (from Ancient Greek to modern Continental)
and what's philosophy without a bit of Freud?
- apply ethical reasoning to contemporary life
- analyze and interpret arguments
- ...and much more. Check out all the Learning Objectives for a degree in Philosophy.
What is Philosophy?
Philosophy is concerned with the most fundamental questions: "What is truth? What is knowledge? What is the good? What is justice? How should we live?" However, philosophy is not just a subject of study but a discipline involving the practical skills of thinking.
Philosophy will Include:
- study of assumptions and concepts in science and society
- examination and criticism of fundamental ideas
- critical and practical thinking
New Book Release for Dr. Todd Dufresne
The eleventh publication for Dr. Dufresne, "The Late Sigmund Freud: Or, The Last Word on Psychoanalysis, Society, and All the Riddles of Life". Read... full story
Dr. Todd Dufresne Publishes New Book
This is a new translation of Freud's Civilization and Its Discontents.
Heather Saaltink Memorial Award, Recipient Rheanna Geisel
Congratulations to Rheanna Geisel LU Women's Varsity Volleyball Team middle blocker.
Philosophy Winter Newsletter
Volume 2, Issue 2 is available online … read about recent events, and Westworld.