- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
Throughout the Computer Science program at Lakehead, you’ll study the principles and uses of computers in a comprehensive and thorough manner. We start with the basics of programming and build a wide spectrum of skills covering many aspects of the field and setting the foundation for a career in this exciting and rewarding discipline.
Interested in Computer Science ?
Students interested in the program at Lakehead University will gain
- Valuable computing experience starting with an introduction to programming
- Instruction and experience with methodologies for designing and writing larger programs in a number of areas such as mobile computing, networks and game programming.
- Potential Co-Op experience, with a paid salary
What is Computer Science?
Computer Science is the systematic study of methodical procedures, algorithms, computation and applications. It merges the practical side of a wide variety of technologies with the scientific foundations and theory.
The Program will Include:
- Comprehensive curriculum detailing several languages, including Java and C/C++
- Artificial Intelligence, Computer Graphics, Object-Oriented Design Methodologies, Internet Security, Mobile Computing, Big Data, Health Informatics, Networking, Compilers and Programming Languages
- Flexibility to choose electives in an area from the Faculty of Science and environmental studies, or to follow courses from the Faculty of Business that lead towards their entrepreneurship certificate.