Dr. Mary Louise Hill
- H.B.Sc. (Carleton University)
- Ph.D. (Princeton University)
Mary Louise joined the Department of Geology in 2004 after serving as Vice-President (Academic) and Provost at Lakehead University from 1999 to 2004. She taught in the Department of Geology at Temple University, Philadelphia from 1983 to 1999.
- Geology 1110/1111 Planet Earth
- Environmental Studies 1111/1112 Planet Earth
- Geology 3217 Metamorphism
- Geology 3310 Structural Geology and Tectonics
- Geology 4015 Basic Scientific Methods in Geology
- Geology 4161 Field School
- Geology 4313 Geological Case Studies
Mary Louise's research addresses high-temperature deformation of metamorphic rock, structural control on orogenic gold deposits, and tectonic analysis of metamorphic terrains. She works collaboratively with industry on many projects, with a focus on orogenic gold deposits in northwestern Ontario.