- For Staff
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
Dr. Jian Deng, P.Eng.
- BSc, Mining and Geotechnical Engineering, Central South University, China
- MSc, Mining and Geotechnical Engineering, Central South University, China
- PhD, Civil Engineering, University of Waterloo
- Rock Mechanics and Metal Mining Engineering;
- Slopes, Tunnels, and Foundations;
- Structural Reliability and Engineering Risk;
- Dynamic stability of structures, structural dynamics and random vibration, nonlinear dynamics, and stochastic mechanics.
The objective of research is to have a better understanding of the dynamic stability of various structures, and to develop methods for the reliability, stability, and safety analysis and design of excavations and engineering systems in general.
The applications of research are those pertaining to dynamic stability and reliability of underground structures, foundations, and slopes in mining and geotechnical engineering, structures that are subjected to loadings caused by earthquakes, ocean waves and wind turbulence in civil engineering.