Dr. Brian Dunn
Religious Studies AdjunctSessional or Contract
Sessional or Contract
+1 807-343-8010ext. 8391
Ryan Building 3017
Please contact by email email@example.com for appointment
- PhD in Comparative Theology, Oxford University, 2013
- MSt in Religious Studies, Oxford University, 2005
- BA, Lakehead University, 1994
Date joined Lakehead:
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Geography and the Environment, Lakehead University (February 2017-present)
- Coordinator, Curriculum Development, Summit (July 2016–Present)
- Researcher, Nokiiwin Tribal Council (January 2016–Present)
- Chaplain and Head of Religious Studies, Woodstock School (July 2013–December 2015)
Dr. Dunn is a teacher by vocation with experience and training in both Religious Studies and Theology who has lived and worked internationally in India, Canada, the United Kingdom, the United States, and Zambia.
Dr. Dunn's primary interests are in comparative traditions (both theology and religion), North American First Nations, South Asian religion, Hindu Bhakti, early Pali tradition Buddhism, Indian Christian theology, and World Christianity.
Dunn, Brian. A. J. Appasamy and his Reading of Ramanuja: A Comparative Study in Divine Embodiment. London and New York: Oxford University Press, 2017.