Dr. Manal Alzghoul
- Ph.D. Degree in Nursing (University of Aberdeen, United Kingdom)
- Master Degree in Nursing (University of Aberdeen, United Kingdom)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (Jordan University of Science and Technology, Jordan.
- Advanced topics in Nursing (NUR 4111)
- Adult Illness concept 1 &2 (NUR 2055, NUR 2056)
- Relational practice 1 (NUR 1511; Therapeutic Communication)
- Relational practice 2 (NUR 1512)
- Care and Comfort Skills 2
- Nursing research (Graduate)
- Fundamentals of Nursing (Theory and Clinical)
- Adult Health Assessment in Nursing (Theory and Clinical) (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Critical Care Nursing (Theory and Clinical)
- Medical & Surgical Nursing (Theory and Clinical)
- Introduction to the Accident and Emergency (Theory and Clinical), and Cardiovascular Emergency Care (Theory and Clinical).
My research agenda represents my clinical experience, my personal experience as a high skilled immigrant woman as well as my teaching experience in acute and critical care nursing. My research interests are under different but related areas that include:
Awarded Grants and current research
- (2020-2022). Mixed Methods Study of Immigrant Parents’ Perceptions of Factors Contributing to and of Strategies to Prevent Unintentional Injuries in Children in Northern and Rural Ontario. Funding Sources: SSHRC Insight Development program (IDG). Total Funding: $ 65,250. Role: Principal Applicant. Co-applicant: Souraya Sidani and Vicki Kristman.
- (2020-2021). Mental Health-Seeking Behaviour Among Canadian Immigrants.Funding Sources: Regional health Fund. Total Funding: $ 1,200. Role: Principal Applicant.Co-applicant: Jones-Bonofiglio, Kristen.
- (2019-2020). Acting on what mothers told us: Evaluating the HOPE app to support the mental health of pregnant and postpartum women in Northwestern Ontario. Role: Co-applicant. Principal Applicant: Moeller, Helle. Co-applicants: : Sameshima, Pauline; Wakewich, Pamela; Jennifer Chisholm; Abigale Kent. Collaborator: Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre; Thunder Bay District Health Unit;
- (2018-2019). Immigrant Parents' Knowledge and Perceptions about the Risk for and Prevention of Unintentional injuries in Children in Northwestern Ontario: a qualitative study.Funding Sources: Regional health Fund and SSHRC . enhancement program. Lakehead University. Total Funding: 3,000. Role: Principal Applicant
- (2017-2019). Adapting Hospital-to-Home Transitional Care Interventions to the Ontario Rural Healthcare Context. Funding Sources: Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Health Services. Research Fund 2017. Total Funding - 498,000. Role: Co-applicant. Principal Applicant: Mary Fox. Co-applicant: Souraya Sidani; Mark Skinner; Co-knowledge User : D Elias; D McNeil; M Ferguson-Pare,; P Rosebush.
- (2017-2018). Ethical Decision-Making Experiences of Registered Nurses (RNs) in Acute Care Settings in Northern Ontario. Funding Sources: Regional health Fund. Total Funding: $ 1500. Role:Principal Applicant. Co-applicant:: Jones-Bonofiglio, Kristen
- (2017-2018). Prenatal knowledge exchange for equity in birthing experiences and outcomes. Funding Sources: Women's Xchange Women's Xchange $15K Challenge.Total Funding: $ 15,000. Role: Co-lead / applicant. Principal Applicant: Moeller, Helle. Co-applicant: Kristin Burnett; Maggie Pudden; Martha Dowsley; Miranada Silta; Sameshima, Pauline; Wakewich, Pamela; Collaborator: Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre; Thunder Bay District Health Unit;
- (2016 -2017). Improving Maternity Care for Marginalized Women in Northern Ontario: Care Provider and Stakeholder Perspectives. Funding Sources: Lakehead University Research Development Fund. Total Funding - 7,000. Role:Co-applicant. Principal Applicant: Wakewich, Pamela. Co-applicant: Dowsley, Martha; Kristen Burnett; Moeller, Helle.
- (2013-2016 ). Multi-Cultural and Indigenous Experiences with Birth in Thunder Bay Funded by Lakehead University. Funding Sources: Lakehead University Senate Research Committee Research. Total Funding: 5,000. Role: Co-applicant. Principal Applicant: Dowsley, Martha. Co-applicant: Burnett, Kristin; Moeller, Helle; Wakewich, Pamela.
- (2012-2015). Prevalence and risk factors for injury among Jordanian population in Northern Jordan. Funding Sources Jordan University of Science and Technology. Deanship of Research Total Funding : $8,000. Role:Principle Applicant. Co-applicant: Mohammed K. Shakhatreh; Nihaya A. Al-Sheyab.