Aligned with this year's Research and Innovation Week theme "Our Changing World", this year's Research Showcase highlights how Lakehead University research projects, innovative collaborations and initiatives are playing a role in the achievement of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
About the Session
Screening of four short videos about different sustainability projects around Thunder Bay which are part of the Lake Superior Living Labs Network. Each video prompts discussion about sustainability engagement, and those involved in the projects will be in a panel following the screening.
Click on each of the titles below to watch the videos in advance to get inspired:
- Video 1: Introduction to the series
- Video 2: Sustainability Walk — What do you know about the history of the lands you walk on?
- Video 3: Seed Saving — What seeds have you planted?
- Video 4: Wellness Path — With what question do I walk, what wonder?
- Rachel Portinga, PhD Student, Department of Health Sciences, Lakehead University
- Dr. Lindsay Galway, Associate Professor, Department of Health Sciences, Lakehead University
- Gavin Shields, Student, Lakehead University
- Ledah McKellar, Sustainability Coordinator, Office of Sustainability, Lakehead University
- Dr. David Greenwood, Professor, Faculty of Education, Lakehead University