This year's Research Showcase highlights how Lakehead University research projects, innovative collaborations and initiatives are playing a role in the achievement of the UN's 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
About the Session
This panel features members of the Thunder Bay Voluntary Local Review (VLR) Working Group, who represent a range of government and non - profit organizations, and researchers from Lakehead University. The specific purpose of the Thunder Bay VLR is to monitor progress on the UN's Sustainable Development goals for the Thunder Bay Region. Panelists will describe the background to the project, importance of the VLR for the Thunder Bay region, activities to date and next steps.
- Dr. Rebecca Schiff, Associate Professor, Department of Health Sciences, Lakehead University
- Dr. Helle Møller, Associate Professor, Department of Health Sciences, Lakehead University
- Bonnie Krysowaty, Social Researcher/Planner, Lakehead Social Planning Council
- Albert Brule, Chief Executive Officer, United Way of Thunder Bay
- Jacob Porter, Climate Adaptation Coordinator, EarthCare Thunder Bay
- Lee-Ann Chevrette, Crime Prevention Council Coordinator, Thunder Bay Crime Prevention Council