Lakehead University’s Office of Research Services, in collaboration with the Faculty of Graduate Studies, is pleased to offer a new Research Integrity Training Module Online Course. The new course for Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) has been created to help researchers and their HQP comply with the new Tri-Agency Framework: Responsible Conduct of Research and Lakehead University’s Research Integrity Policy.
The Research Integrity Training Module is a free interactive online course designed to provide graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and research assistants with an overview and basic understanding of the principles and best practices in the responsible conduct of research. Undergraduate students involved in research activities are also encouraged to complete the course.
The course consists of a series of lessons containing text, video and case studies and exercises that encourage self-reflection and problem solving. The course will take approximately 30 minutes to complete. Participants will be working at their own pace, and will be introduced to up-to-date, wide-ranging resources including institutional and federal resources related to the responsibilities as a researcher.
At the end of this course, participants will:
● Know the basics of the Responsible Conduct of Research Framework
● Understand their responsibilities as a Lakehead University researcher;
● Identify what constitutes a breach of research integrity;
● Gain knowledge on how to avoid a breach;
● Understand Lakehead University's policies and procedures for investigating a breach.
● Receive a Certificate confirming completion of the course
Instructions for Participants:
Please note that this course is optional, but course instructors/research supervisors may require their students to complete it.
The course is delivered through Desire2Learn (D2L) platform. To enroll in the course, please SELF-REGISTER as follows:
● Go to https://mycourselink.lakeheadu.ca/ and sign in using your LakeheadU credentials
● Click on "Self-Registration: Academic Support and Training" located in the menu on the right side of the homepage
● Scroll down to "Research Integrity Training Module" and click on the course title
● Click "Register" to enroll in the course. You will now be able to access it from the home screen under "My Courses"
Please note that the Research Integrity Training Module can be recognized in your Co-Curricular Record (CCR). If you would like this course recognized in your CCR, please email a copy of your certificate of completion for the course to Hartley Medelsohn in the Student Success Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about this course? Please contact the ORS Events Coordinator at email@example.com.