Tuesday, September 5, 2023 - 11:30am EDT to Monday, December 4, 2023 - 9:50am EST
In-person at Orillia and videoconference for Thunder Bay
Please contact Student Central for course fee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Contact Name:
Elaine (Administrative Assistant, Department of Indigenous Learning)
Event Contact Phone:
807-343-8010 Ext. 8625
Event Contact E-mail:
- Course code: INDI 3312-FA/FAO
- Course Title: Shelter in Indigenous Communities
- Instructor: Dr. Robert S. Robson
- Course description: Offers students a detailed understanding of housing and the housing process in the Indigenous community. Beginning with the traditional shelter forms of Indigenous Peoples and moving through to the more contemporary housing structures delivered through, for example, the Rural and Native Housing Program, course content will focus on culturally appropriate shelter forms. From communal living space to shelter orientation, students will consider not only the housing needs of the Indigenous community but also the ways in which those needs have been met.
- Delivery Type: in-person at Orillia and videoconference for Thunder Bay
- Delivery Time: Fridays, 11:30AM - 2:30PM
- Course Start date: September 5th, 2023
- Credit Weight: 0.5 FCE
- Prerequisite: Indigenous Learning 1100 or permission of the Chair of the Department of Indigenous Learning.
Link to Indigenous Learning Thunder Bay timetable.
- Link to Indigenous Learning Orillia timetable.
- Poster in Pdf.