On-Campus Accommodations: Residence
Living in residence is a huge part of your life as a Lakehead student. From your very first day, you will meet new people from all around the globe and start establishing friendships that will last a lifetime. Welcome to your new home away from home.
Residence living has many benefits for you to consider – one of the most important being students that live in residence perform better academically! Here are a few others:
- Higher likelihood of graduation
- Safe and clean furnished room
- No cooking = more time for your academics and getting involved
- Convenience to campus and classes
- Abundance of on-campus support and services
- Personal development and identify is enhanced and supported
- Programming, events and supports in place right in Residence, such as Resident Assistants and House Presidents
Living in residence provides you with a support system that will help guide you through the transition to University life.
Explore the different types of residence options we offer at our Thunder Bay and Orillia Campuses:
Your health and well-being while living in residence includes healthy eating.
Our residences also include Meal Plan Options for you to choose from.
If you are looking at off-campus living options, apartments to rent are close by – often only a few minutes from campus. Check out the Off-Campus Housing list to explore different housing accommodations within the City of Thunder Bay and City of Orillia.