This giveaway is open to prospective first year domestic students of Lakehead University, Thunder Bay and Orillia, Ontario campuses only.
- The contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who are 16 years of age and older.
- Employees of Lakehead University, and members of their immediate family (ie: spouse, child, sibling, parent) and/or any member of their immediate household are not eligible.
- The “First Year Free” Tuition Draw (the “Contest”) is run by Lakehead University and will take place starting Tuesday September 7, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) and closes on Tuesday May 31, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. (ET)
How to Enter
- No purchase necessary.
- There are eight (8) ways to enter the contest:
- Register for and attend any domestic “Getting to Know” or “Explore Lakehead” series webinar (Fall 2021) or “Getting Ready for Lakehead” or “Faculty Friday” series webinar (Spring 2022) in the qualifying contest period indicated above
- Register for and attend any Lakehead University Open House Event
- Register for and attend any virtual meeting booked with a domestic recruiter using the on-line booking reservation system https://www.lakeheadu.ca/admissions/events#coffee
- Provide your contact information to a Lakehead University recruiter via a QR scan or an in-person inquiry form
- Register for information from Lakehead University through the OUInfo portal (www.ontariouniversitiesinfo.ca), School Finder (www.schoolfinder.com)
- Register for and attend any virtual Applicant Reception event (Spring 2022)
- Register for and attend any March Break Open House event (Spring 2022)
- Register for and attend any Campus Tour (pending availability)
- For exact event dates and times and how to register for qualifying events, please visit https://www.lakeheadu.ca/admissions/events
- Lakehead University is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, misdirected, stolen, delayed, damaged or destroyed entries, or for any unavailable or interrupted network connections, hardware, software or other technical functions or disturbances or any other communication failures or circumstances affecting, disrupting or delaying contest entry
- Eligible participants receive one (1) entry for every eligible event that they register and attend in during the contesting period and are not restricted to the number of events they register for and attend.
- The winner will be selected by random draw on Thursday June 2, 2022, in the offices of Undergraduate Recruitment, Lakehead University, 955 Oliver Road, Thunder Bay, ON. The selected entrant will be contacted by email within ten (10) days of the draw date. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within that time frame, or does not comply with the Official Contest Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative eligible entry will be selected.
Lakehead University is not responsible for the failure of any reason whatsoever of a selected potential winner to receive notification or for Lakehead University to receive a selected potential winner’s response.
- The odds of winner depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- There is one prize eligible to be won, consisting of tuition credit equal to the sum of tuition for Fall / Winter 2022 undergraduate studies at Lakehead University, to be applied to the Fall / Winter 2021 academic year only (September 2022 – April 2023)
- The total prize value will not exceed seven thousand, two hundred forty four dollars ($7,244 CDN) paid in a manner subject to Lakehead University’s sole discretion. Books, residence fees, meal plans, transportation, insurance, supplies and any other non-tuition related fees are not eligible.
- The prize does not confer on the winner an automatic right to be enrolled in a program of study at Lakehead University. Winners are still required to meet all entrance and admission requirements for their selected program of study.
- In order to claim the prize and be declared a winner, the selected entrant will be required to:
- Correctly answer a skill testing mathematical question administered by email or by phone within the time frame provided.
- Complete and sign a declaration and release form confirming compliance with the contest rules
- Accept the prize as awarded
- If the selected entrant is under the age of majority, then his or her parent or guardian must also sign a declaration, release and indemnity form
- There is no cash alternative or substitution of the prize provided. The prize is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind and must be accepted as awarded.
- The prize is not transferable.
- There is no cash refund for any unused credit.
Conditions of Participation
- By participating in this contest, you agree:
- To be bound by these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of Lakehead University, whose decisions are final.
- To the use of your name, likeness, voice, image, recording, video footage and statements in connection with this contest.
- To receive email communications from Lakehead University with information relating to programs, campuses, campus events and admission updates.
- If selected the winner, you give Lakehead University the right to publish your name, likeness, voice, image, recording, video footage and statements for promotional or editorial purposes, without compensation other than the value of the prize offered.
- To release Lakehead University and respective employees, officers and representatives from any liability in connection with or arising out of this contest and the awarding of the prize.
- Lakehead University reserves the right, without prior notice, and at any time, to terminate the contest, in whole or in part, or modify or extend the contest in any way.
- In the event that Lakehead University is prevented from continuing with the contest by an event beyond its control, Lakehead University has the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the contest.
- No entry will be returned
- This contest and these Official Contest Rules are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada
Notice of Collection
Personal information in connection with the contest is collected under the authority of Lakehead University and will be used for the administration of this contest. If you have any questions about the collection of personal information for Lakehead University, please contact:
Undergraduate Recruitment, Lakehead University, 955 Oliver Road, Thunder Bay, ON P7B 1E1, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-465-3959