Terms & Conditions of First-Year Tuition Prize
In order to be eligible to win the First-Year Tuition prize, you must meet the following:
- This giveaway is open to prospective first year domestic students of Lakehead University, Thunder Bay and Orillia, Ontario campuses only. Employees of Lakehead University, members of their immediate family or household are not eligible
- Giveaway Period:
- The "Win Free First Year Tuition" contest runs September 1, 2020 at 9:00am EST and closes May 31, 2021 at 5:00pm EST
- There are ten (10) ways to enter the contest:
- Register for and attend any domestic Explore or Discover Lakehead webinar in the qualifying contest period indicated above (Fall 2020)
- Register for and attend any Lakehead University Open House Event
- Register for and attend any virtual meeting booked with a domestic recruiter using the on-line booking reservation system
- Provide your contact information to a Lakehead University recruiter via a QR scan or an in-person inquiry form
- Register for information from Lakehead University through the OUInfo portal
- Register for information from Lakehead University through the Lakehead University Virtual Tour
- Register for information from Lakehead University through School Finder:
- Register for and attend any virtual Applicant Reception event (Spring 2021)
- Register for and attend any domestic Getting Ready for Lakehead webinar series (Spring 2021)
- Register for and attend any Campus Tour (pending availability)
- For exact event dates and times and how to register for qualifying events, please visit https://www.lakeheadu.ca/admissions/events
- Eligible participants receive one (1) entry for every eligible event that they register and attend in during the contest period, September 1, 2020 through to May 31, 2021, and are not restricted to the number of events they register for and attend.
- The winner will be selected by random draw on Thursday June 3, 2021, in the offices of Undergraduate Recruitment, Lakehead University, 955 Oliver Road, Thunder Bay, ON. The selected entrant will be contacted by email within ten (10) days of the draw date.
If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within that time frame, or does not comply with the Official Contest Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative eligible entry will be selected. Lakehead University is not responsible for the failure of any reason whatsoever of a selected potential winner to receive notification or for Lakehead University to receive a selected potential winner’s response.
- The prize is not transferable to another individual nor is it transferable between years.
- The winner must be admitted to Lakehead University and register as a full-time, first- year undergraduate student for the 2021/2022 academic year. First degree undergraduate programs are only eligible.
- The total prize value will not exceed the value of free tuition for the student’s registered program. Books, residence fees, meal plans, transportation, insurance, supplies and any other non-tuition related fees are not eligible.
- There is no cash refund associated with the prize.
- The prize cannot be held in conjunction with a Lakehead University scholarship.
- If the winner withdraws or drops to part-time status prior to November 1, 2021, the full value of the prize will be rescinded.
- The prize will be applied to the student's statement of account at Lakehead University
- Lakehead University reserves the right to publish the name and photograph of the winner.
- Lakehead University reserves the right to modify the terms & conditions of this prize without prior notice.
Notice of Collection
Personal information in connection with the contest is collected under the authority of Lakehead University and will be used for the administration of this contest. If you have any questions about the collection of personal information for Lakehead University, please contact:
Undergraduate Recruitment, Lakehead University, 955 Oliver Road, Thunder Bay, ON P7B 1E1, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-465-3959