- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
What is it?
Fun! Science! Mystery diagnosis! Teamwork! Feats of Engineering!
Science Olympics is a one day event, for grades 9 ,10, 11 & 12 students, made up of a series of problem solving events that require teams to apply their knowledge of science and engineering in creative and fun ways. Compete in a team of four, and win a prize! There's an Olympian in everyone!
- Inspire and foster inquiry in science, engineering and technology, and mathematics.
- Hone problem solving skills, and creative and critical thinking processes
- Promote team work and collaboration
- Provide interactive and hands-on learning experience
Northwestern Ontario Science Olympics is a joint venture among Youth Science Ontario, the Faculty of Science and Environmental Studies, the Faculty of Education, and the Faculty of Engineering at Lakehead University.
When & Where?
Science Olympics will take place on November 11, 2016 at the Lakehead University Bora Laskin Building 955 Oliver Road, in Thunder Bay.
Get your school involved! Only $10 per student (includes lunch, snacks, and t-shirt). Each school is permitted to submit entries for one junior (grades 9 & 10) and for one senior (grades 11 & 12) team. Each team will consist of 4 students.
- For the November 11, 2016 Registration Form Click Here (PDF)
- Click Here for On-line Payment Form
- For the Media Release Form please Click Here (PDF)
Thanks to our sponsors!
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor of Science Olympics in Thunder Bay please contact us!
For more information please contact Dr. Peter Hollings, Interim Dean of Science and Environmental Studies by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 766-7211.
A big thanks to all our committee members:
- Dr. Peter Hollings (Interim Dean of Science and Environmental Studies)
- Dr. John O'Meara ( Dean of Education)
- Dr. David Barnett (Dean of Engineering)