- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
What is it?
Fun! Science! Mystery diagnosis! Teamwork! Feats of Engineering!
Science Olympics is a one day event, for grades 9 ,10, 11 & 12 students, made up of a series of problem solving events that require teams to apply their knowledge of science and engineering in creative and fun ways. Compete in a team of four, and win a prize! There's an Olympian in everyone!
- Inspire and foster inquiry in science, engineering and technology, and mathematics.
- Hone problem solving skills, and creative and critical thinking processes
- Promote team work and collaboration
- Provide interactive and hands-on learning experience
Northwestern Ontario Science Olympics is a joint venture among Youth Science Ontario, the Faculty of Science and Environmental Studies, the Faculty of Education, and the Faculty of Engineering at Lakehead University.
When & Where?
Science Olympics will take place on November 10, 2017 at the Lakehead University Bora Laskin Building 955 Oliver Road, in Thunder Bay.
Get your school involved! Only $10 per student (includes lunch, snacks, and t-shirt). Each school is permitted to submit entries for one junior (grades 9 & 10) and for one senior (grades 11 & 12) team. Each team will consist of 4 students.
Thanks to our sponsors!
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor of Science Olympics in Thunder Bay please contact us!
For more information please contact Dr. Todd Randall, Dean of Science and Environmental Studies by email: email@example.com or by telephone: 766-7211.
A big thanks to all our committee members:
- Dr. Todd Randall (Dean of Science and Environmental Studies)
- Dr. John O'Meara ( Dean of Education)
- Dr. David Barnett (Dean of Engineering)