Dr. Yuanyuan Wu
- Ph.D., McGill University, Business Administration
- M.A., Peking University, Economics
Prior to joining Lakehead, Dr. Wu has taught at the University of Windsor and McGill University. She teaches courses in the areas of strategy, international business, and entrepreneurship.
- Business 3315O Foundations of Entrepreneurship
- Business 3355O Entrepreneurial Venture Management
- Business 4355O Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Business 4375O New Venture Project
- Business 3331O Global Business
- Business 1011 Introduction to Management
- Business 3071/3431O Strategic Management/Business Policy
- Business 2351O Business Communication II
- Business 5071 Strategic Management
- Business 5110 International Business
- Business 5035 Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Dr. Wu’s research interest focuses on the synergies among capability development, entrepreneurship, and alliance networks. Firms develop new capabilities to adapt to the rapidly changing internal and external environments. They compete based on the constantly expanded capabilities of their own and, as well, on their ability to leverage the resources and capabilities possessed by their collaborative partners and embedded in the networks in which they are members. This process involves entrepreneurial mindset and actions and, in many cases, contributes to the product and process innovation of the firm. Dr. Wu has studied these topics in the contexts of the Canadian innovation-based industries and the emerging high-tech sectors in China. She holds a SSHRC funding for a research project that focuses on international collaboration and global value chain in the aerospace industry. She also extends her research into the areas of entrepreneurial ecosystem strategy and the strategic management of corporate social responsibility.
“Analyzing Ambidexterity Management in Creative Industries: Using the Systematic Literature Review Method”. 2019. SAGE Research Methods Cases. (with Wu, S.) doi:10.4135/9781526479518
"Develop New Capability: Middle Managers’ Role in Corporate Entrepreneurship". 2018. European Business Review. 30(4): 470-493.(with Ma, Z. and Wang, M. S.)
"Impact of Charismatic Leadership and Market Shares on IPO First-Day Returns: The Case of Technology Firms". 2018. Global Business Review. 19 (4). (with Yeung, W. H. and Liu, F.)
“Managing Ambidexterity in Creative Industries: A Survey.” 2015. Journal of Business Research. 69: 2388-2396 (with Wu, S.K.)
“Do Political Ties Increase Firms' Foreign Expansion? Evidence from Private Chinese Firms”, 2014. Journal of Contemporary Management. 3(1): 1-12 (with Zhu, H., Jin, J. & Kang, T.).
“An Ambidextrous Learning Model for the Internationalization of Firms from Emerging Economies.” 2011. Journal of International Entrepreneurship. 9 (4): 316-339 (with Keen, C.).