- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
Canada Research ChairProfessor
- PhD (University of Guelph)
- Fellow of the Chemical Institute of Canada (FCIC)
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC), UK
- Fellow of the International Society of Electrochemistry (FISE)
- CHEM 2412 Physical Chemistry II
- CHEM 3451 Physical Chemistry III
- CHEM 4551 Topics in Reaction Mechanisms
- CHEM 4571 Electroanalytical Chemistry
- CHEM 5171 Advanced Topics in Analytical Chemistry
- CHEM 5251 Special Topics
- CHMS 5711 Nanostructured Materials
Dr. Chen’s research interests span the areas of Electrochemistry, Biosensor, Green Chemistry, Biorefining, Materials Science and Nanotechnology.
Electrochemical technology is widely used in metal production, pulp bleaching, fuel cell development, water purification and environmental analysis. Electrochemistry also plays an important role in nanotechnology development. The knowledge gained from our research program not only addresses the fundamental issues of the structure and reactivity of electrochemical interfaces, but is also devoted to the design of novel electrochemical biosensors and to the development of new green technologies to address the pressing environment and energy challenges.
Chen research laboratory is well equipped with advanced instruments including atomic force microscopy, scanning tunneling microscopy, infrared spectroscopy, total organic carbon analyzer, BET surface area analyzer, several electrochemical workstations, pure water system, and facilities for the synthesis of nanomaterials. In addition, we have access to a wide range of analytical equipment located at the Lakehead University Instrumentation Laboratory.