Occupational Therapy Assistant/ Physiotherapy Assistant Diploma to Honours Bachelor of Kinesiology Degree Transfer Program
At Lakehead University the School of Kinesiology studies human movement within a variety of contexts, including but not limited to: anatomy, biomechanics, physiology, psychology, sociology, motor control, adapted, and sociocultural.
Students of Kinesiology will gain an understanding of the science of human movement; an ability to think analytically, critically, and creatively and to make decisions on the basis of evidence, ethics, and values; knowledge, competencies, and skills to pursue and achieve professional certifications; and a holistic appreciation of kinesiology examined from a lifespan perspective that includes application to all populations.
How the Transfer Program Works
You enter into Year 2 of the four-year Honours Bachelor of Kinesiology program, and can complete your degree in as little as three years. Canadore College students must complete an online bridging course (e.g. Kinesiology 0517 - Kinesiology Program Preparation) during the spring/summer term prior to the start of the program.
To see the courses that are part of your program, refer to our Academic Calendar and select:
- Programs & Faculties from the menu,
- Undergraduate Programs from the Faculty of Health & Behavioural Sciences section,
- School of Kinesiology from the list of programs, and
- Select the option for your college and diploma.
To be consider for admission, you must:
- Complete either Canadore College's, Collège Boréal's, Georgian College's, or Sault College's two-year Occupational Therapy Assistant/ Physiotherapy Assistant Diploma, and
- Achieve an overall average of at least 75%.
To apply, please:
- Use the Undergrad (105) application:
- You may need to create an account first, if you have never applied using the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) before.
- Find more information on applying via the 105 application.
- Select the program Kinesiology (Pathways with Select Ontario Colleges: Boreal, Cambrian, Canadore, Georgian, and Sault College) (Thunder Bay Campus only). The OUAC program code is ABP.
- As you proceed through the application process, use the Online Transcript Request to have your transcript(s) sent to us, if applicable:
- We require all of your post-secondary transcripts (i.e. from all colleges and universities attended).
- We do not require your high school transcript.
- Some colleges do not add in progress courses to their transcripts. If you are currently completing courses, you are encouraged to upload a screenshot of your upcoming winter term courses to your myInfo account. You will receive your myInfo login credentials in an acknowledgement email from us upon receipt of your application (which can take a few days after you apply using the OUAC).
Who Can I Contact If I Need Assistance?
If you have questions about the transfer program, and/or your application status, contact Student Central.
If you encounter issues with the application and/or requesting online transcripts, contact the OUAC.
If you cannot access myInfo (our student information portal), try to recover your account first. If that does not work, contact Student Central.
Learn more about the fees (e.g. application, transcript, document evaluation, etc.) that the OUAC charges.
Learn more about the tuition & student fees for your transfer program. Keep in mind that the upcoming school year's fees are not available until June. Before June, you will most likely see last year's amounts. Refer to the Academic Year field if you are unsure.
To help fund your education, learn more about our scholarships, bursaries and awards.
If you are interested in applying for the Ontario Student Assistance Program, learn more about the program and its criteria.
Other Important Information
Take a look at our College & University Transfer Guide.
Check out our campus. You can take a virtual tour, or you can book a campus tour.
We also host numerous events throughout the year. We encourage you to attend one of our events to learn more about the transfer program.