Dental Hygiene Diploma to Bachelor of Science (General major) Degree Transfer Program
Our General Science program is a great choice if you are looking for a multidisciplinary education that allows you the freedom to explore your interests. Our General Science program has 10 departments for you to choose courses from: Anthropology, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Geography, Mathematical Sciences, Geology, Sustainability Sciences, and Physics. As a General Science student you will have many opportunities to participate in cutting-edge research on various topics including condensed matter, behavioural ecology, quantum-chemical exploration and DNA forensics. This hands-on approach to learning and well-rounded lab experience prepares you for success in any field, professional position or post-graduate training.
How the Transfer Program Works
You enter into Year 3 of the three-year Bachelor of Science (General major) program, and can complete your degree in as little as one year. You may be required to complete courses during the spring/summer terms if you plan to graduate in one year.
To learn more about the structure of the program, refer to our Academic Calendar and select:
- Programs & Faculties from the menu,
- Undergraduate Programs from the Faculty of Science & Environmental Studies section,
- General Science Programs from the list of programs, and
- BSc (General Program) – Transfer - Dental Hygiene Diploma (3-year).
To be consider for admission, you must:
- Complete a three-year Dental Hygiene Advanced Diploma from an accredited Ontario college, and
- Achieve an overall average of at least 70%.
To apply, please:
- Use the Undergrad (105) application:
- You may need to create an account first, if you have never applied using the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) before.
- Find more information on applying via the 105 application.
- Select the program General Science (Pathways with All Ontario Colleges) (Thunder Bay & Orillia). The OUAC program code is ABC.
- Choose your program and campus of choice from the Subject of Major Interest drop-down menu.
- As you proceed through the application process, use the Online Transcript Request to have your transcript(s) sent to us, if applicable:
- We require all of your post-secondary transcripts (i.e. from all colleges and universities attended).
- We do not require your high school transcript.
- Some colleges do not add in progress courses to their transcripts. If you are currently completing courses, you are encouraged to upload a screenshot of your upcoming winter term courses to your myInfo account. You will receive your myInfo login credentials in an acknowledgement email from us upon receipt of your application (which can take a few days after you apply using the OUAC).
Who Can I Contact If I Need Assistance?
If you have questions about the transfer program, and/or your application status, contact Student Central.
If you encounter issues with the application and/or requesting online transcripts, contact the OUAC.
If you cannot access myInfo (our student information portal), try to recover your account first. If that does not work, contact Student Central.
Learn more about the fees (e.g. application, transcript, document evaluation, etc.) that the OUAC charges.
Learn more about the tuition & student fees for your transfer program. Keep in mind that the upcoming school year's fees are not available until June. Before June, you will most likely see last year's amounts. Refer to the Academic Year field if you are unsure.
To help fund your education, learn more about our scholarships, bursaries and awards.
If you are interested in applying for the Ontario Student Assistance Program, learn more about the program and its criteria.
Other Important Information
Take a look at our College & University Transfer Guide.
Check out our campus. You can take a virtual tour, or you can book a campus tour.
We also host numerous events throughout the year. We encourage you to attend one of our events to learn more about the transfer program.