Biotechnology Advanced Diploma to Honours Bachelor of Science (Applied Life Sciences major) Degree Transfer Program
Applied Life Sciences focuses on the study of living organisms at the bio-molecular, or cellular, level. This interdisciplinary program blends theories and practices from Anthropology, Biology, Chemistry and Physics with hands-on learning through laboratory courses, research opportunities and internships.
How the Transfer Program Works
You enter into Year 3 of the four-year Honours Bachelor of Science (Applied Life Sciences major) program, and can complete your degree in as little as two years.
To see the courses that are part of the program, refer to our Academic Calendar and select:
- Programs & Faculties from the menu,
- Undergraduate Programs from the Faculty of Science & Environmental Studies section,
- Applied Life Sciences Programs from the list of programs, and
- Honours BSc (Applied Life Sciences Major) - Transfer (2 Year).
To be consider for admission, you must:
- Complete a three-year Biotechnology Advanced Diploma from an accredited Ontario college, and
- Achieve an overall average of at least 75%.
To apply, please:
- Use the OUAC Undergraduate Application. You may need to create an account first, if you have never applied using the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) before.
- Select the program Applied Life Sciences (Pathways with All Ontario Colleges) (Thunder Bay & Orillia). The OUAC program code is AAT.
- Choose one of the two "3-Year Diploma Graduates" options from the Subject of Major Interest drop-down menu.
- As you proceed through the application process, use the Online Transcript Request, to have your transcript(s) sent to us, if applicable:
- We require all of your post-secondary transcripts (i.e. from all colleges and universities attended).
- We do not require your high school transcript.
- Some colleges do not add in progress courses to their transcripts. If you are currently completing courses, you are encouraged to upload a screenshot of your upcoming winter term courses to your myInfo account. You will receive your myInfo login credentials in an acknowledgement email from us upon receipt of your application (which can take a few days after you apply using the OUAC).
Who Can I Contact If I Need Assistance?
If you have questions about the transfer program, and/or your application status, contact Student Central.
If you encounter issues with the application and/or requesting online transcripts, contact the OUAC.
Learn more about the tuition & student fees for your transfer program. Keep in mind that the upcoming school year's fees are not available until June. Before June, you will most likely see last year's amounts. Refer to the Academic Year field if you are unsure.
To help fund your education, learn more about our scholarships, bursaries and awards.
If you are interested in applying for the Ontario Student Assistance Program, learn more about the program and its criteria.
Other Important Information
Take a look at our College & University Transfer Guide.
Check out our campus. You can take a virtual tour, or you can book a campus tour.
We also host numerous events throughout the year. We encourage you to attend one of our events to learn more about the transfer program.