Environmental Technology Diploma from Georgian College to Honours Bachelor of Arts & Sciences (Environmental Sustainability major) Degree Transfer Program
Studying Environmental Sustainability will prepare you to play a crucial role in protecting the ecosystems and living organisms that make up our environment. You will gain both the scientific expertise and practical experience needed to solve modern sustainability challenges in Canada and around the world.
Our program is known for producing environmentally conscious and responsible graduates with excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities. You will be trained to meet the growing demands of interdisciplinary practitioners in the diverse fields of science and sustainability.
In addition to the core Environmental Sustainability courses, you will take courses in the following areas:
- Environmental Chemistry
- Environmental Economics
- Natural Resource Management
How the Transfer Program Works
You enter into Year 3 of the four-year Honours Bachelor of Arts & Sciences (Environmental Sustainability major) program, and can complete your degree in as little as two years. You will need to complete one full course equivalent in the spring/summer terms prior to entering Year 3. To see the courses that are part of the program, refer to our Academic Calendar and select:
- Programs & Faculties from the menu,
- Undergraduate Programs from the Faculty of Science and Environmental Studies section,
- Environmental Sustainability Programs from the list of programs, and
- Honours Bachelor of Arts and Sciences (Environmental Sustainability Major) - Transfer Program.
To be consider for admission, you must:
- Complete Georgian College's three-year Environmental Technology Advanced Diploma with Co-op, and
- Achieve an overall average of at least 70%.
To apply, please:
- Use the Undergrad (105) application:
- You may need to create an account first, if you have never applied using the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) before.
- Find more information on applying via the 105 application.
- Select the program Environmental Sustainability (Pathways with All Ontario Colleges) (Orillia Campus only). The OUAC program code is ABA.
- Select For Georgian Environmental Technology Grads using the Subject of Major Interest drop-down menu.
- As you proceed through the application process, use the Online Transcript Request to have your transcript(s) sent to us, if applicable:
- We require all of your post-secondary transcripts (i.e. from all colleges and universities attended).
- We do not require your high school transcript.
- Some colleges do not add in progress courses to their transcripts. If you are currently completing courses, you are encouraged to upload a screenshot of your upcoming winter term courses to your myInfo account. You will receive your myInfo login credentials in an acknowledgement email from us upon receipt of your application (which can take a few days after you apply using the OUAC).
Who Can I Contact If I Need Assistance?
If you have questions about the transfer program, and/or your application status, contact Student Central.
If you encounter issues with the application and/or requesting online transcripts, contact the OUAC.
If you cannot access myInfo (our student information portal), try to recover your account first. If that does not work, contact Student Central.
Learn more about the fees (e.g. application, transcript, document evaluation, etc.) that the OUAC charges.
Learn more about the tuition & student fees for your transfer program. Keep in mind that the upcoming school year's fees are not available until June. Before June, you will most likely see last year's amounts. Refer to the Academic Year field if you are unsure.
To help fund your education, learn more about our scholarships, bursaries and awards.
If you are interested in applying for the Ontario Student Assistance Program, learn more about the program and its criteria.
Other Important Information
Take a look at our College & University Transfer Guide.
Check out our campus. You can take a virtual tour, or you can book a campus tour.
We also host numerous events throughout the year. We encourage you to attend one of our events to learn more about the transfer program.