Welcome to the Office of Financial Services. Our mission is to provide reliable and relevant financial information and quality financial services. Please see below for a listing of the different departments within our office.
Temporary Procedures During Required On-site Services Model re: COVID19
Most Financial Services staff are working remotely and is accessible by email.
In response to the off-site working arrangements in place as of Thursday, March 19, 2020, Financial Services will be accepting approvals via email (must be from the approver’s Lakehead University email account); however, we would prefer the use of a digital signature, created as a “certification” in Adobe (see sample below).
Approved documents and supporting backup can be sent to the following departments in Financial Services:
- Cheque Requisitions: Accounts Payable, email@example.com
- Departmental Transfer Form and Budget Transfer Form: Amanda Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Account or G/L Code System Access: Dianne Cataldo, email@example.com
- Request for External Invoice: Accounts Receivable, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request for Payment of Invoices by Bank Transfer (Wire Payment): Accounts Payable, email@example.com
- Request to Fill: Dianne Cataldo, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sole-Source (scanned and/or digitally certified copies): Neil Irvine, email@example.com
- Travel Expense Statements (paper-based) and Hospitality Expense Statements: if research funded (fund 50) send to Sharon Dempsey, Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org, otherwise send to Accounts Payable, email@example.com
If you have a form to submit and aren’t sure who to send it to, please send it to Dianne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: We ask that you please maintain any original receipts or forms at this time. We will reach out for originals at a future date.
Limit increases for purchasing cards will still be processed, following the usual request process (email to supervisor, cc’ing email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an increase for how much and for how long).
Submissions for purchasing card statements are following the usual schedule. Photos of hard copy receipts are acceptable if scans are not available.
Dianne will be notifying all corporate (travel/hospitality) cardholders regarding accessing of their monthly statements if they are not on campus to receive the hard copy. Details can also be found on the Visa Purchasing and Corporate Cards webpage of the Financial Services website.
Payroll and Records of Employment
Payroll processing continues with no interruption in service. If you are a part-time hourly employee and enter your time, be sure to enter your time online via myTimecard, through myInfo. Your supervisor can also enter on your behalf if required. The same cut-off schedule remains in place for employees and supervisors. The schedules are found at the bottom of the payroll webpage for Payroll Forms and Schedules.
If you require a Record of Employment, follow the instructions found on Record of Employment Procedure webpage.
If you have any questions feel free to contact any of the Payroll Staff
Adobe Certification for Electronic Signature
To create a digital certification signature in Adobe, following these steps:
- Open any document in Adobe (Reader or Pro). You will be asked to save a new copy of this document, so any PDF will do.
- Under “View,” choose “Tools.” Under the heading “Forms & Signatures” choose “Certificates.” A menu bar will appear near the top of the document. Select Certify.
- If you haven’t yet created a digital ID, you will be asked to Configure a Digital ID for Signing. Choose the third radio option, “Create a New Digital ID” and click “Continue.” Select “Save to File” and click “Continue”. You will be asked to create a password to be used every time you need to certify a document. Please note, step 3 can be skipped once you set up your certificate.
- The next popup will ask you to review and enter your password in order to apply your certificate to the Adobe document. You will likely be asked to resave the file (so as to not save over the original.
- If a form has a signature field, you should be able to click the field, then “add certificate”. Otherwise, you’d need to go to “Tools” then “Certificate” to click and drag a box on the document for where you’d want the certificate to appear.
A sample of what the certificate ID looks like is below: