Payments Under $5,000
Payments for most goods and services totalling under $5,000 can be made using a Purchasing Card (P-Card), by submitting an approved invoice to Accounts Payable, or submitting a cheque requisition.
When to Use the P-Card
The P-Card is an efficient and effective method of procuring and paying for low-dollar value goods and services and should be used when making purchases for goods or services under $5,000. Most vendors accept credit cards, including Aramark at the Thunder Bay Campus.
For more information on the use of a P-Card, please refer to Lakehead’s Purchasing Policy/Purchasing Card Program.
The Cheque Requisition can be used for low-value purchases as outlined below:
- Reimbursement of an individual’s University-related expenditures (not including travel) where a P-Card was not accepted
- Payment for services to individuals who are not employees or students of the University
- Payment to vendors for services rendered or products that have been purchased where the vendor does not accept payments via the P-Card
- Awards, Prizes, and Honorariums
- Refunds for over-payments/deposits
When submitting a cheque requisition, you must:
- Have the complete name, address and Social Insurance Number for the person providing a service to the University
- Provide a budget code
- Have proper authorization
- Identify what, when, why, where, and who the payment is for
- Attach the original receipts
- Obtain the signature of the Dean or Department Chair or Directors/Managers whenever requesting re-imbursement
Cheque Requisition Form
Click to download the cheque requisition form:
*This link will open in a new window. For optimum viewing, please maximize the new window, if necessary.
Click here to download Adobe Acrobat Reader now.