On Campus: ext 7777
Off Campus: 705-330-4008 ext 7777
Please fill out the online service request form here.
This form (or "ticket") can be used for a variety of requests - such as booking the portable Smartboard downtown, or asking for assistance connecting your laptop to the wireless network.
Lakehead has a wireless network which students may access with their personal laptops. In order to access the wi-fi, students must configure their laptop to Lakehead's settings. Please see the various guides on this page for connecting to the wi-fi. It is easier to connect your laptop to the network if your computer has all of its latest updates (for example, a Windows 7 machine should have Service Pack 1installed).
- call the helpdesk at x7777 (there is a phone in the photocopy room in the University Avenue commons which can be used for this)
- Fill out a technical support ticket. This will result in an appointment with an Orillia technician.
- use of a faculty loaner laptop
- use of a portable projector
- use of the portable Smartboard at the downtown campus
Learning Assistance Lab
Catering to the diverse needs of every individual student we welcome into our campus, Lakehead University strives to accommodate the learning requirements of everyone through the availability of assistive technology devices, specialized computer hardware and software.
Disability Services and the Learning Assistance Centre are ready to help you at Lakehead-Orillia. We have quiet exam spaces, and assistive technology, such as Dragon Naturally Speaking, Kurzweil, ZoomText, and Inspiration . If you have a particular preference or suggestion on how we can make your learning experience even better, please let us know.