- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
There are three parts to the Remark OMR
How to use Remark (Thunder Bay)
- Complete the Remark Intake Form(pdf). Email the completed form to email@example.com, or bring it to the Helpdesk when you submit the completed Master Answer Sheet(s) and Student Answer sheets.
- Pickup blank Student Answer Sheets at Printing and Mail Services, or order them at the Print Shop with your exams.
- Completed Remark Master Answer Sheet(s) and Student Answer Sheets can be brought to the Technology Services Center (TSC) Helpdesk in the Chancellor Paterson Library LI1015. Forms must be machine ready - stacked neatly and all facing the same direction. Creased or damaged forms may not be read in.
- Exams are accepted Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm. The normal processing time is within 48hrs.
- All reports are available electronically as pdfs, or spreadsheets.
For information on how to use Remark (Orillia), please click here.
Student Answer Sheets
- Only use Student Answer Sheets obtained from Printing and Mail Services. Copies or any other reproduction of the answer sheets will not work.
- The Instructor should inform the students on the correct manner in which the forms are to be completed.
- The form is to be completed using an HB or darker pencil.
- The form will read blue or black ink but it can’t be erased
- Whiteout CANNOT be used to erase incorrect markings.
- Example of a properly filled out Student Sheet can be found here.
- The student must fill in their 7 digit student number including the zeroes and name or the form will not be marked.
Before beginning the test the student should do the following:
- Complete the student ID Number section and write their name in the Name field.
- If multiple versions of test you MUST mark off correct version or form will not be marked.
Master Answer Sheets
- A master answer sheet must be submitted by the instructor with the tests to be marked.
- The master answer sheet must have the test form marked off. Four versions of the exam are allowed and each answer sheet would be marked with A,B,C, or D.
- Multiple answers may be given per question, and must be noted on Intake sheet also. For multiple answer you can have the answer to be either AND or OR. For example if you have the answer for question 5 as c AND b and mark off AND on options sheet, students would have to answer both c AND b to get a mark. But if you mark off OR on options sheet the student can have either c OR b to get a mark.
- If you have more than one version of exam you don’t have to sort them. The program will mark them by the test form letter.
- Do not staple or fold answer sheets
How does Remark compare to Scantron?
- The cost for Student Answer Sheets are the same
- Pickup Student Answer Sheets at Printing and Mail Services instead of the Bookstore
- Processing time is faster with remark
- Multiple answers per questions are allowed
- Changes and corrections to the Master Answer Sheet are easier to process
Note: After January 1, 2018 Scantron system will not be used.
As an alternative to the Remark bubble sheets, faculty can create online tests and quizzes within myCourselink.
Getting started with myCourselink
More help is available from the Teaching Commons