VPN or Virtual Private Network allows you to connect from outside our network, create a secure encrypted connection and access internal resources as if you were connected locally, on campus. This access includes file shares, printers and internet traffic. Once your work is complete, you can simply disconnect the client to end your sessions.
*Be advised that the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client software will not work if you are running the latest version of MacOS (Catalina). If you require VPN and have OS10.15 or higher, please submit a Desktop ticket to have the client updated.
- The VPN cannot be accessed from inside our network on campus, only from an outside network. This includes the TBaytel wifi, cell phone hot spots or anywhere off campus.
- Credentials will be LakeheadU from the drop down and your Lakehead University myEmail/myInfo username and password.
- There is no valid certificate at the moment causing an error messages and a few extra steps. Each browser may have its own set of hurtles involved to get to the VPN access. https://vpn.lakeheadu.ca
- Download the client, do not try and run the web applet the page offers.
- Install like any other software program
Once the application is installed and you want to connect to the VPN, run the Cisco AnyConnect Client.
To use the client
Open or run the Cisco client.
Type “vpn.lakeheadu.ca” in the Cisco client
Click the settings icon (it looks like a gear) and deselect Block connections to untrusted servers
Click connect and continue past the warnings
Enter your Lakehead University myEmail/myInfo username and password
Select LakeheadU from the drop down option for group
You will be connected, the Cisco connection will show the active status.