Building Maintenance


This area is responsible for:

  • Maintaining all building envelope, broken windows and doors, windows that will not open/close, doors that will not open/close.
  • Hanging doors, trim work, maintenance to office furnishings, drywall repairs, floor repairs, replacing ceiling tiles, painted surfaces, shelving, boards (bulletin boards, whiteboards, etc.), locksets, door closers, signs, coat hooks, tile work and numerous building accessories.
  • Coordinating of a preventative and predictive maintenance program.
  • Resolving unforeseen failures or component breakdowns as they arise.

Please contact Physical Plant for moving furniture and equipment.

Note: A Work Order Request must be sent to the Physical Plant before moving furniture if assembly or disassembly is required.

Returning/Transferring Keys

Keys should be returned to Security. Some departments require a deposit for keys and are responsible for reimbursing that deposit. No deposit on keys will be refunded by the Physical Plant.

Lost Keys

If you find or lose keys, please check with Security at 343-8010, 8569.

Damaged Keys

Return bent or broken keys to Security for a replacement key. If a key is broken off in a lock, report it to Physical Plant at 343-8010, 8273 or submit a Request. 

Door and Lock Repair

Please call Physical Plant at 343-8010, 8273 or submit a Request.

Lock Changes

Please call 343-8010, 8273 for any lock change requests.  Please note that there is a charge for this service.

Key Work Order Requests

Keys can be requested by completing the Security Services Key Request.

Requisition for Non-Maintenance Expenditure (RFNME)

A RFNME is required for upgrades and additions to university buildings, grounds, equipment and furniture. The RFNME is generated because of the client's desire for improvements or changes. These requests are considered billable and require the completion of a Requisitions for Non-Maintenance Expenditure form, complete with budget code and appropriate signatures. Minor projects include departmental requests for changes to buildings, space or the campus grounds. Examples include adding or modifying electrical outlets, plumbing, built-in cabinetry, lighting changes, remodeling classrooms, offices or labs, removing or adding walls, installing specialized equipment, or landscaping improvements such as benches/gardens.

To request a RFNME fill out the below form and email it to

RFNME Pre-Estimate Approval