Mechanical Services


  • Steve Girvin, 343-8010, 8370

 This area is responsible for:

  • Maintain, operate and repair all plumbing, heating systems and building mechanical equipment.
  • Resolving equipment breakdowns.
  • Cooling towers, water chemical treatment systems, valves, pumps, drainage systems, piping infrastructure.
  • Maintain, operate and repair sewer and water infrastructure.
  • Installing, operating and maintaining comfort control systems.
  • Operating and maintaining building automation systems.
  • Servicing department and faculty refrigeration equipment through work requests.
  • Coordinating a predictive/preventive maintenance program for plumbing and primary heating and cooling equipment.
  • Providing response to emergency calls during evenings, weekends and holidays.

 If you smell any of the following please contact Security right away at 343-8010, 8569

Sewer, Gas, Burning, Smoke, Fuel, Chemical 

To request Mechanical work click here, Request Work

Requisition for Non-Maintenance Expenditure (RFNME)

A RFNME is required for upgrades and additions to university buildings, grounds, equipment and furniture. The RFNME is generated because of the client's desire for improvements or changes. These requests are considered billable and require the completion of a Requisitions for Non-Maintenance Expenditure form, complete with budget code and appropriate signatures. Minor projects include departmental requests for changes to buildings, space or the campus grounds. Examples include adding or modifying electrical outlets, plumbing, built-in cabinetry, lighting changes, remodeling classrooms, offices or labs, removing or adding walls, installing specialized equipment, or landscaping improvements such as benches/gardens.

To request a RFNME fill out the form below and email it to

RFNME Pre-Estimate Approval

*Please note that only this form will be accepted.