Work Orders

How To Submit A Work Order



Phone: Marie Ferguson, Ext 8273

Work Order Requests

To help us respond to your issues we divide your service requests into two categories, Work Order requests and Special Work Requests (Requisitions for Non-Maintenance Expenditure or RFNME). If you are not sure which category your issue falls into, please call the Work Order desk for clarification 343-8273 (internal 8273)

Maintenance Work Order Requests

Should be reported to the Work Order desk at ext. 8273. Repairs to keep Lakehead facilities and services in proper working condition are considered maintenance work orders. 

Special Work Requests - Minor Projects - RFNME

A RFNME is required for upgrades and additions to university buildings, grounds, equipment and furniture. The RFNME is generated because the of client's desire for improvements or change. These requests are considered billable and require the completion of a special request form complete with budget code and appropriate signatures. Minor projects include departmental requests for changes to buildings, space or the campus grounds. Examples include adding or modifying electrical outlets, plumbing, built-in cabinetry, lighting changes, remodelling classrooms, offices or labs, removing or adding walls, installing specialized equipment, or landscaping improvements such as benches/gardens.

See below for examples

Maintenance Work Order

  • Electrical outlet or lights not working
  • Broken window
  • Elevator malfunction
  • Too hot or too cold
  • Leaking taps or toilet not working


  • Additional electrical outlets or lights
  • Renovation or alteration of space
  • Installation of additional shelving
  • Banner hanging
  • Connection of Research equipment to building systems