Lakehead University Physical Plant operates, maintains and builds the physical assets of the University and provides quality customer oriented services that support the needs of the University community.
When to contact the Physical Plant
- Smells - sewer, gas, burning, smoke, fuel, chemical - Call Security IMMEDIATELY - 343-8010, 8569
- Burnt out light bulbs
- No toilet paper, soap or a broken dispenser
- Icy patches
- Blown breaker
- Clogged toilet
- Spills - coffee, water
- Leaky faucet, toilet
- Room too hot/cold
- Windows/Doors - broken, will not open/close
- *Broken or damaged key/swipe card or lock
- **Furniture/Office Moves
**When submitting a work order for a furniture move, please consider the following.
- Remove all items from the furniture that is being moved, empty file cabinets, shelves, drawers, and desk/tables tops
- Label the item(s) that is to be moved and where it is to be moved to
- Small items are to be boxed up and labelled
- In your work order request please indicate where the furniture is to be move from and to
- If the item requires disassembling create 2 work orders, 1) dissembling/reassembling of the item, 2) moving of the item
Request for Maintenance
For emergency situations and cleaning services;
- Call 343-8010, 8273 Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm.
- After hours, contact Security at 343-8010, 8569
Requisition for Non-Maintenance Expenditure (RFNME)
For request outside regular maintenance please fill out the below form.
*Please note that only this form will be accepted.
To provide operating and maintenance services for campus facilities, to continually support the learning process at Lakehead University by sustaining a clean, positive and safe environment, in the most cost effective manner.