The Lakehead University Instrumentation Laboratory operates research grade spectroscopy facilities including a FTIR, preparation equipment and windows based spectroscopy software. In 2005, the instrument was upgraded to a Bruker Tensor37 funded by a A. Conly- CFI grant.
- Bruker Tensor 37 Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrophotometer.
- Bruker Hyperion 2000- IR Microscope with 4x, 15x and 36x objectives and polarizer.
- NIR Source
- InGaAs Detector 12.8-5.8 K
- Auto mirror selector
- CAF2 10- 1.650 Cm-1 beam splitter
- OPUS site licence for Lakehead University.
- ATR (attenuated total reflectance) and diffuse reflectance accessories including Pike MIRacel with ZnSe crystal and with ATR-Ge objective (20x) for the IR microscope
- Hydraulic press for KBr disk production
- Spectral libraries, search and match software (Sadtler IR-SearchMaster 6.0, FIveash-Polymer and Mineral), functional group database