Back to School Stress Tips from Bounceback
Stressed out about school? Here are some small things you can do straight away to help you better tackle the challenges of student life.
- Stuck on a problem? Come back to it later. Or break the problem down into smaller chunks. It’s easier to tackle one small piece at a time.
- Take a short break. Then come back refreshed or with a different perspective.
- Grab a healthy snack (fruits, veggies, handful of nuts) and drink lots of water!
- Get up and give your body a stretch, or go for a brisk walk to get some fresh air and clear your mind.
- Do something fun or that you enjoy. Dance and sing along to your favourite song. Listen to a favourite podcast. Take a relaxing bath or shower. Call your best friend for a chat or to blow off some steam.
- Breathe. Close your eyes and take slow, deep breaths. Drop your shoulders and relax your arms and legs.
- Ask for help. Got a friend who’s really good in a particular subject? Take advantage of their expertise.
- Get as much rest as possible. Don’t drink too much alcohol or caffeine before bed. If a particular problem is preventing you from getting to sleep, write it down and deal with it in the morning.
- Be kind and patient to yourself. Reward yourself for your successes and for all your hard work. Don’t let the small hurdles prevent you from reaching your long-term goals. Figure out a plan for the next time.
For more practical tips on sleeping better, increasing activity, problem solving, and more, check out our BounceBack videos at: bouncebackvideo.ca (using access code: bbtodayon)