Paying Student Fees

Online Banking (Canadian Bank Account)

Students can pay their fees using online banking at participating Banks and Credit Unions. Please see below for direct links. If your bank is not listed, please contact them directly for more information.

Lakehead University must be set up as a bill in the "Pay a Bill" section. You will receive a prompt asking for a Payee/Company name; enter Lakehead University. Use your 7-digit Student ID number as the Account Number.

Online Banking Websites (click for links)

 Canadian Financial Institutions: 
Bank of Montreal(800) 363-9992
Tangerine (Formally ING Direct)(800)464-3473
Royal Bank(800)769-2511
TD Canada Trust(866)222-3456
National Bank of Canada(800)483-5628
Ontario Credit UnionsPlease contact your local credit union directly



GlobalPay (International Students ONLY)

Western Union's GlobalPay for Students, a specialist in global business payments, provides you with a simple and low cost method of paying fees to Lakehead University in your own currency. Please visit GlobalPay for Students for instructions. You may also wish to visit the International Student Information page.


NEW! Credit Card (TouchNet-PayPath)

Use the PayPath Service by TouchNet to pay Lakehead University by VISA, or MasterCard. You may also wish to set up an Authorized User to make direct payments on your behalf. To find this option, please login to MyInfo, and under My Financial Profile, select Make A Payment. Please note this option will include service fees.

NEW! Pre-Authorized Debit

Schedule upcoming payments, and pay directly from a Canadian bank account. You may also wish to set up an Authorized User to make direct payments on your behalf. Login to MyInfo, and under My Financial Profile, select Make A Payment.

Pre-Authorized Debits that are returned due to non-sufficient funds, will result in a $27.00 penalty charge to the student's account. Future payment will be required by online banking, or by certified cheque.

Cheque/Money Order/Bank Draft

A student should make the cheque/money order/bank draft payable to Lakehead University. These payments may be dropped off at the Accounts Receivable Office mailbox or mailed to: Accounts Receivable, Lakehead University, 955 Oliver Road, Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5E1

Both Orillia campus and Thunder Bay campus students should use the above mailing address.

Postdated cheques will not be accepted.

Returned Cheques will result in a $27.00 penalty charge to the student's account. Future payment will be required by certified cheque.

Debit Card, Union Pay and Cash 

Accepted at the Thunder Bay Campus in the Accounts Receivable Office at UC 0002.

HigherEd Points

HigherEd Points allows you to pay Lakehead University by converting your loyalty program points into tuition dollars! Please visit for instructions and a list of participating points programs.

Graduate Assistantship (Masters and Ph D students only)

Graduate Students who qualify for a graduate assistantship must pay their tuition and other related fees according to the Payment Due Dates. Any scholarships, bursaries, and/or awards will be first applied to the student account. Only students with credit account balances will receive a refund. See the Scholarships, Bursaries, Awards and Graduate Awards section for more information.

To have a graduate assistantship (GA) assigned to pay tuition fees, the Financial Support Form should be brought to the Accounts Office. The graduate student will also be required to sign a Tuition Deduction Request/Authorization Form which will deduct fees for 3 terms (Fall, Winter and Spring). Financial Support forms must be picked up from the Faculty of Graduate Studies Office in the CASES building (Room 2010). If the funding is not covering the fees in full, the student must pay the difference by the payment due dates.

Scholarships, Bursaries, Awards and Graduate Awards

Upon confirmation of full-time registration and Social Insurance Number (SIN), both Graduate and Undergraduate scholarships, bursaries, and awards will be first applied to any outstanding balance on the student's account.

If the scholarships, bursaries, or awards have overpaid the student account, refunds will be issued by direct deposit to the student's bank account at the end of September, January and May each year.

In order to receive the funds, the Bank Information Form on myInfo (Financial Profile-View/Update My Bank Information) must be filled out. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that accurate information is submitted. Errors will cause delays.

Inquiries regarding Undergraduate scholarships, bursaries, or awards should be directed to Student Central at: (807) 343-8500 or

Inquiries regarding Graduate scholarships/bursaries/awards should be directed to the Office of Graduate Studies at: (807)343-8785 or e-mail:

OSAP and other Federal, Provincial, or Territorial Loans

Students who intend to pay their fees with federal, provincial or territorial funds should apply for financial assistance to their respective student aid programs prior to the end of June each year for the Fall/Winter academic session and before the end of March for the Spring/Summer session.

If applications are made after these dates, there is a chance that funds may not be available before the financial deadlines for each term. Students would then be required to pay their first installments out of their own resources unless proof of funding can be provided (Notice of Assessment). Additionally, if funding only covers a portion of the student fees owing, the difference should be paid not later than August 15 each year.

Please note that all payments from Federal, Provincial or Territorial funding agencies must be received by the University no later than the last day to register in the term to avoid late payment fees.

Students should contact Student Central prior to making any changes to their registration status as it may affect their funding amounts:


Students who have OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance), have their full fees covered, and have their confirmed funds (Notice of Assessment) by the Payment Due Date, will have their payment automatically deferred to September (and/or January) when funds are disbursed by the government.  

In order for a non-Ontario student to defer payment to September, or January,  a copy of the Notice of Assessment (confirmation of Federal, Provincial, or Territorial funding) should be e-mailed to the Accounts Receivable office at, and should be received prior to the Payment Due Date

 Sponsored Students

Please click here for more information on: Sponsorships

 English Language Centre Students

For more payment options, please sign into MyInfo and select 'Make a Payment' under the 'My Financial Profile' sub-heading.