The Board or Governors of Lakehead University approves a waiver equal to 50% of the usual undergraduate tuition fee for Canadian citizens and permanent residents aged 65 years or older, subject to the following:
- that the 65th birthday must be reached at the time of enrolment;
- that courses with limited enrolment be excluded from this policy and that the academic unit head have the responsibility and authority for deciding on exclusions;
- that, depending on the courses desired, some prerequisites be required of the seniors and that the instructor have the responsibility and authority for deciding upon the admission to the course;
- that this policy apply only to undergraduate credit courses and to registration in the course for credit, not registration as an audit student;
- that seniors be required to purchase their own books and supplies and to pay any fees associated with the courses including laboratory fees, studio fees, field trip fees and such other similar fees;
- that seniors currently enrolled in credit courses continue to receive the benefit of the waiver defined by the previous policy approved on February 6, 2003, until the conclusion of their program; and
- that seniors enrolled in a graduate program as of February 2003 would continue to be eligible for tuition waiver until they have completed their current program of studies.