Tax Receipts

T2202 Tuition & Enrolment Certificate (previously know as the T2202A)

The T2202 - or Tuition and Enrolment Certificate - is an official statement for income tax purposes. It is issued to all students who have paid tuition and fees for qualifying courses that are eligible for a claim on their income tax return. The amount reflects your course registration in the tax year.

The T2202 form is available on myInfo by the end of February each year. Under the 'Student' or the 'Alumni' menu, please click on My T2202Please note that T2202 forms are not mailed and must be obtained via myInfo.

T4A Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity and Other Income

Canada Revenue Agency requires Lakehead University to issue a T4A to all Lakehead students who received "Other Income" in the calendar year (i.e. January - December). Students who received Scholarships (including the Tuition Waiver Scholarship), Bursaries, Awards, Fellowships, Study Grants or Artist's Project Grants over $500 per calendar year will be issued a T4A.

The T4A is available on myInfo at of the end of February each year. Under the 'Student' or the 'Alumni' menu, please click on My T4A.

If you require that a hard copy of your T4A be mailed to you, please make this request from your Lakehead University e-mail account to the following recipient Include your Lakehead U student ID and your current address in the body of the e-mail.

Frequently Asked Questions about Tax Forms:
Do I have to provide my SIN to the University?

YES. As of the 2019 tax year, if you are planning to file a Canadian tax return, Canada Revenue Agency requires that you provide your Social Insurance Number (SIN) or Individual Tax Number (ITN) so that it can be recorded on your annual tax year T2202 and/or T4A.

What if I am an International Student? Do I still need to provide a SIN?
MAYBE. International students can view the Canada Revenue Agency information for international students  and details about residency for tax purposes, to determine if you are eligible to file a Canadian tax return.  If not eligible or NOT required to file a Canadian tax return, SIN/ITN is not required on T2202 and T4A so you are NOT required to apply for a SIN/ITN for the sole purpose of reporting it to Lakehead University
If I provide my SIN/ITN after my Tax Forms have been filed with CRA, will I get a new form issued?
NO. If you update your SIN/ITN after the annual filing with CRA, your update will not result in a new/amended T2202 or T4A form. Instead, your SIN/ITN update will apply to the subsequent tax year.
Why is my name not showing up in full on my Tax Form?
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has limited the number of characters to 12 characters for first names and 20 characters for last names; therefore, your name may be truncated for T2202 purposes. This will not affect your ability to use this document.
My address is incorrect on my Tax Form, will I require a new form?
NO. If your address has changed, you do not need to request an update. This will not affect your ability to use this document.
Where can I get more information about Income Tax for Students?
Please see view this CRA publication (P105 Students and Income Tax)