Helpful Links and Contact Information


Important Dates and Deadlines

University Regulations

Reappraisal and Academic Appeals Policy

Student Code of Conduct - Academic Integrity

Academic misconduct including plagiarism and cheating

Student Code of Conduct - Appeal Process

Petition for Late Withdrawal

Do online in myInfo under 'Course Registration'

Student Central

Registration, enrolment, status, transcripts, OSAP / financial aid

UC 1002 (Lakehead Thunder Bay)

Simcoe Hall (Lakehead Orillia)

(807) 343-8500 or 1-800-465-3959

Office of Financial Services - Accounts Receivable

Tuition & fees
(807) 343-8140

Fees Policy


Student Code of Conduct - Non-Academic

Student Code of Conduct - Appeal Process

Employee Code of Conduct

Student Support Services

Emergency Services

Urgent Help: 911

Campus Security: (807) 343-8911

Crisis Response Services: (807) 346-8282

Postsecondary Student Helpline: 1-866-925-5454 or

Student Health and Wellness

Thunder Bay

Location: Prettie Residence

Email: (general inquiries only: no appointment requests)

Phone: (807) 343-8361


Location: Wellness Centre, OR 1015

Phone: (705) 330-4008 ext. 2115

Appointments cannot be accepted through e-mail.
 To book an appointment, call or visit the Wellness Centre.

Student Accessibility Services


Thunder Bay

Address: SC 0003


Phone: (807) 343-8047


Address: OA 1030


Phone: (705) 330-4008 ext. 2103

Student Success Centre

Academic Support Zone, skills, careers & job bank, coop education

Thunder Bay

Address: SC 0008

Phone: (807) 343-8018


Address: OR 1031

Phone: (705) 330-4008 ext. 2118

Aboriginal Services

Thunder Bay

Address: Regional Centre – RC0002

Phone: (807) 343-8085


Address: OR 1016

Phone: (705) 330-4008 ext. 2018

Office of Human Rights and Equity

Sexual and Gender Based Violence Response Policy

Location: Fifth Floor of the Chancellor Paterson Library, LI 5014


Phone: (807) 346-7763


(See below under 'Legal' as well)

LU Off-Campus Housing

Rental Information

Landlord and Tenant Board

The Landlord and Tenant Board (LTB) resolves disputes between residential landlords and tenants, and eviction applications filed by non-profit housing co-operatives. The LTB also provides information about its practices and procedures and the rights and responsibilities of landlords and tenants under the Residential Tenancies Act.


Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation

Rental housing rules and processes


Thunder Bay Legal Aid Clinic: Lakehead University Community Legal Services

Community Legal Services is a free legal clinic located in Lakehead University’s Faculty of Law building (PACI) at 401 Red River Road in Thunder Bay.

Under the direct supervision of lawyers, Student Caseworkers offer free legal services to low income residents of Northwestern Ontario, including Thunder Bay, Fort William First Nation, Nipigon, Marathon, Schreiber and the municipality of Greenstone.

We offer services in the following practice areas:

  • Minor Criminal offences;
  • Serious Provincial offences;
  • Tenant Rights;
  • Small Claims Court and Civil disputes under $25,000.00;
  • Simple Wills and Powers of Attorney
  • Criminal Injuries Compensation Board Applications

Qualification requirements are listed on our site. However, if you are not sure about whether you qualify for our services, please see our Apply page to arrange a screening appointment.

To apply for free legal assistance from Community Legal Services services, please call our office at (807) 346-7815 or toll free at (833) 503-7815.

Orillia Legal Aid Clinic: Community Legal Clinic

The Clinic provides free legal services for persons with low income.

705-326-6444 or toll-free 1-800-461-8953

Legal Aid Ontario

Legal assistance for low-income people living in Ontario. However, if you live in the Thunder Bay area, you are advised to contact the Community Legal Services free legal clinic located in Lakehead University’s Faculty of Law building (see above) and funded by Legal Aid Ontario.

(807) 345-1972 or  1-800-668-8258

Lawyer Referral Service

The Law Society Referral Service (LSRS) connects people looking for legal assistance with a lawyer or paralegal. For anything from dealing with a traffic ticket to buying your first home, you can find a legal representative with LSRS.


Kinna-Aweya Legal Clinic

Legal advice and assistance to residents of the District of Thunder Bay, particularly Aboriginal people, who need assistance with poverty law issues

(807) 344-2478