Students, Volunteers, Graduate Students, Faculty and Post-docs who engage in field work in a natural setting require support and resources to be adequately trained to perform their work safely. A separate stream for field personnel has been developed on the Health and Safety Training site on D2L. Please see the training page for further information on accessing the training site.
Some resources that may assist supervisors in providing job specific training to their personnel can be found below:
- Travel Advisories for International Travel https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories
- Severe Weather Planning https://www.ec.gc.ca/meteo-weather/default.asp?lang=En&n=6C5D4990-1
- Forest Fires in Ontario https://www.ontario.ca/page/forest-fires
- Bear Wise https://www.ontario.ca/page/prevent-bear-encounters-bear-wise
- Emergencies Affecting Ontario Communities https://www.ontario.ca/page/emergency-information
- Boating Safety http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/marinesafety/debs-obs-menu-1362.htm