Present: Steve Girvin, Heather Spivak, Greg Croft, Fred Plank, Rob McCluskey, Larry Kempe, Stan Nemec, Ursula MacDonald,
Regrets: Hugh Briggs, Brian Cox,
- A. Steve reported that the floor in the Power house is breaking. There are no vehicles allowed inside. The area is cornered off with signs advising of the danger, until such time as a decision is made how the floor will be fixed. Jan.21, 2016 Steve advised that this project will be put on a list of capital projects for the 2016-2017 fiscal year.
Nov. 15/18 – Steve advised that jack posts will be installed under the floor to provide the necessary support.
An employee from the Faculty of Law advised that she suffered an allergic reaction in her office. The employee attributes the reaction to the air in her office when she believes the furnaces are switched on or off, as she advises this occurred once before in the fall Oct/Nov.
Housekeeping employee banged her shin on a coffee table in a meeting room. The employee could not find a light switched and hit the coffee table in the dark room.
A library employee tripped in a stairway landing on lose floor tiles, hitting her knee.
No injuries required medical attention.
- 1. The Committee welcomed Larry Kempe from the IUOE – mechanical group as the newest member of the Committee.
- 2. The asbestos abatement project on the 4th floor of CB has started. The balcony door will remain open FOR EMERGENCY purposes only while the project is ongoing. This is an agreement with the Fire department.
- 3. Security has raised a concerned about PACI doors being propped open most specifically in the gym area. Security have further stated that they have spoken to Athletics on numerous occasions about this but the problem continuous. Ursula asked for specific times and dates when this has occurred in the past so that those who were using the gym are told directly to stop this unsafe practice.
- 4. Security has raised the issue of soft body armour again. Ursula advised that this matter had been raised on and dealt with on two separate occasions including a special JHSC meeting for this purpose. The outcomes of these meetings have been articulated to Security including the Director of the department. At this point the Committee has advised that the request be noted in the minutes as having been raised again.
- Braun Building – Rob and Steve
- Centennial Building – Stan and Heather
- Tungsten Street – Ursula & Heather
NEXT MEETING: Thursday, June 20, 2018 in Avila – Physical Plant meeting room at 9:00 a.m.