Our methods have been specifically designed and optimized to handle the presence of inhibitors and highly degraded and fragmented DNA. Our staff has extensive experience dealing with the challenges of analyzing ancient or highly degraded DNA.
The feasibility test includes sample extraction, DNA purification and quantification and PCR with specific target region(s).
- Give added credibility to DNA testing in your grant proposal
- Know what types of DNA analyses are attainable
- Save money knowing which samples will be successful
*may also detect any human DNA contamination for heavily handled samples.
We can utilize both destructive and non-destructive methods for DNA extraction.
Ancient DNA Analysis: Discover information hidden in genetics.
- Establish Relationships
- Establish Ethnicity
- Establish Haplotypes
- Establish Origins
Genetic analyses on all types of material can be conducted including:
- Archaeological Samples
- Museum Specimens
- Tomb Remains
- Ancient Artifacts
- Animal Parchment
- Mass graves
- Archaeological sites
- Burial sites
- Cold Casework
Analysis such as:
- Mitochondrial DNA: Population genetics, animal species identification.
- Nuclear DNA: Heritable genetic traits, Sex identification, STRs
- Y-Chromosome DNA: 23 marker Y-STR
- Pathogenic DNA: Contact us for specifics
- Plant Remains: rbCL Chloroplast DNA
- Independent replication of ancient DNA work for verification of results
We also have experience in:
- Primer Design
- SNaPshot Project Optimization
- Bat Cytochrome B DNA
- Bos Taurus Hypervariable Region I haplotyping
- Cloning purified PCR product
A Sample Submission Form can be downloaded by clicking here.
For your free case consultation call toll-free: 1-866-DNA-LABS