If you are looking for a refund for a Scholarship, Bursary, or Award please see below:
|Scholarship, Bursary or Award Refunds|
Scholarship, bursary and award funding is first applied to any balance on the student’s account, and occurs after the start date of the Term. If the scholarships, bursaries, or awards have overpaid the student account, refunds will be issued by Interac e-Transfer, processed by PayMyTuition. This will occur by approximately the end of October, February and May each year. Please watch your Lakehead email address for instructions.
Awards (including scholarships and bursaries)
Undergraduate - Contact Student Central: (807) 343-8500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate - Contact Graduate Studies: (807) 343-8010 ext.7257 or email@example.com
Contact Accounts Receivable: (807) 343-8140 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are considering dropping a course or withdrawing from the University please read all information below, and follow the 4 steps.
Step 1. Familiarize yourself with the REFUND POLICY
Sept 2. Review the published Refund Schedules:
- Refund Schedule 2023 Fall - 2024 Winter
- Refund Schedule 2023 Spring-Summer
- English Language Program (ELC) Refund Policy & Schedule
Step 3. Request your refund from your Lakehead email to email@example.com
- Ensure the Subject line says: Refund Request
- In the Body of your email, please include your full name, student ID number, and reason for your refund request.
- A refund is not guaranteed by submitting a request. Instead, your account will be reviewed for eligibility, based on the Refund Policy, the Refund Schedules above, and other relevant criteria.
- The Refund Administrative fee of $30, will apply to all refunds, and the International Wire Transfer fee of $75 will also apply, if applicable.
Step 4. Wait for your next steps/instructions by email from PayMyTuition. Some exceptions* apply.
If you are a Domestic Student, and have received an email from PayMyTuition, your refund is on its way!
If you are already enrolled in auto-deposit with your bank, and it is linked to your Lakehead email address, your funds will automatically be deposited without requiring a refund code.
If you do not have auto-deposit, OR your Lakehead email is not linked to your auto-deposit, please login to myInfo to obtain your Refund Code to deposit your Interac e-Transfer. Here are the steps:
- Login to myInfo
- Find "My Financial Profile"
- Click "Get My Refund Code":
- You will be directed to myPortal (click on the link to the far right):
If you paid from abroad, please wait for an email from PayMyTuition for further instructions on how to receive your funds.