Filing a Complaint

Incident Report Form - Student Code of Conduct Non-Academic

Any member of the University community may file a Complaint against a Student under this Non-Academic Code, alleging an offence of Non-Academic Misconduct. The Complaint must be filed in writing through the completion of the Incident Report Form – Non-Academic Misconduct. A Security Report may constitute a Complaint.

The Complaint must include the Complainant’s name and contact information. Anonymous complaints will not be taken forward.

Complaints must be filed with the Office of Student Affairs (Thunder Bay) or the Director, Student Affairs/Student Success (Orillia), within twenty (20) working days after the alleged violation has come to the attention of the Complainant. Complaints may also be submitted and filed with University Security Services who will then direct the Complaint to the Office of Student Affairs.

There is no limitation period on reporting incidents involving sexual violence.