As the relative or friend of a university student it is almost inevitable that sometime over the next few years you will receive a phone call, visit or letter from an apparently distressed student. It would not be unusual for your student to experience some or any of the following:
- Feeling absolutely overwhelmed by the workload
- Doubt: "I'm in the wrong program/course"
- Feeling academically under prepared
- Feeling homesick - missing friends, family, or the stability of home
- A lack of funds - expenses are much more than anticipated
- A new sense of identity
- The loss of an old friend
- The excitement and anxieties of forming new friendships and relationships
Our knowledgeable Student Affairs Staff is dedicated to helping you meet your needs, answering your questions, and assisting you with your or your student's concerns.