...It's Exam Time. Best of luck with your Exams!
It's Exam Time! All students are required to understand and follow the University Regulations for Examinations. Please Note: New regulations were recently passed which are now in effect.
Here are a few of the Examination Regulations to be aware of:
- Cell phones are not permitted into the exam room.
- Books, notes, calculators, headphones, or any other device with listening/viewing/data capabilities are not permitted at the exam location unless approved by the instructor/invigilator.
- The Lakehead University Student ID is mandatory for all exams.
- Students will not be permitted to write an examination and will be asked to leave the examination room until the Lakehead University Student ID is presented.
- Students will only be permitted back into the examination room, with their Lakehead University ID within the first hour of the allowed examination time. A new or replacement Student ID can be obtained from the Chancellor Paterson Library on the Thunder Bay campus and the Bookstore on the Orillia campus.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the examination room. Only water in a clear, unlabelled bottle will be permitted.
- Bags, purses, coats, hats and other belongings must be put into the designated area of the exam room. Coats and hats cannot be worn during an exam.
- No form of communication with other students is permitted.
- Entry into an exam after the first hour will not be permitted.
Any violation of an examination regulation is subject to disciplinary action under the Code of Student Behaviour.
The key to performing well on exams is to begin studying early and use short, frequent sessions. Creating a plan in advance of your exam will also improve your focus, confident, manage stress, and help you be successful. With exams starting next week, now is the time to start to prepare your 5 Day Study Plan. The 5 Day Study Plan is a helpful guide to help you prioritize and plan in advance. Take a look here!
The Student Health & Counselling Centre continues to host free meditation sessions throughout the exam period. Give yourself a much-deserved study break!
Mondays: 12:30pm - 1:00pm
Tuesdays: 11:45am - 12:15pm
Thursdays: 11:45am - 12:15pm
Fridays: 3:45pm - 4:15pm
We will be opening our campus doors to future Lakehead students exploring their post-secondary options on December 5th. Please join us in welcoming these students to our campus - say hello, ask them where their from or better yet tell them a bit about your Lakehead experience. Approximately 400 high school students and their families will be exploring the campus from 9 am - 2 pm.