Full Time, Permanent
Competition # OR-22-13
Lakehead University is seeking an enthusiastic individual who is excited by the opportunity to join a team that attracts and recruits future domestic students to Lakehead University. Serving as the public face and voice of Lakehead to prospective students, influencers and guidance counselors and college transfer coordinators, the Recruitment Officer will carry out recruitment and event activities focused to build our applicant pool for both high school and college transfer, maintaining strong relationships throughout the application process with the objective of meeting our institutional enrollment goals.
As a self-motivated and highly organized individual, you are an outstanding communicator with demonstrated public presentation skills both in-person and virtually. You will be a subject matter expert for all undergraduate programs and student services offered at Lakehead across both campuses and be able to articulate meaningful information to prospects, applicants and influencers both verbally, in writing or other channels of communication. You are a strong relationship builder within the recruitment team and with faculty contacts, leveraging these relationships to support your prospects and applicants through the recruitment funnel. Participate in recruitment events and activities. The role will also oversee specific recruitment initiatives, requiring project management, data management and event planning skills.
- Participate in building and carrying out a comprehensive and coordinated undergraduate prospect recruitment strategy and conversion campaign for the entire prospect and applicant database, which includes all high school, college and university transfer and mature students.
- Cultivate and establish close relationships with regional guidance counsellors, teachers, and staff along with college transfer coordinators
- Develops and delivers dynamic and informative presentations about Lakehead University’s offerings to various audiences
- Be fully knowledgeable about Lakehead University’s program offerings, admission requirements, financial aid, residence and the university experience
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with faculty, student affairs & student services
- Promptly respond to student inquiries regarding Lakehead University programs & services
- Coordinates specific recruitment supporting initiatives throughout the year
- Completion of a related university degree, paired with at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a role related to student recruitment or marketing.
- An outstanding communicator with strong public presentation skills both in-person and virtually
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office, ability to manage spreadsheets, ability to learn new technology
- Possess excellent time management, data management and organizational abilities with a strong independent work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to foster, develop and maintain successful working relationships with multiple audiences
- Sensitivity to privacy issues and a flexible work schedule is expected for this position
- Class G drivers licence is required as the position requires provincial travel
Lakehead University offers a competitive remuneration package including salary, comprehensive benefits, package, life insurance, pension plan, and tuition waiver.
Interested applicants may apply by clicking on this link to a Google Form and attaching your cover letter and resume in word or PDF format by October 20, 2022.
If you have any technical difficulties in accessing the link, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Lakehead University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals including women, racialized persons, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and other equity-seeking groups. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. This is in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements.
Lakehead University is committed to supporting an accessible environment. Applicants requiring accommodation during the interview process should contact the Office of Human Resources at (807) 343.8334 or email@example.com to make appropriate arrangements.