Enrolment Services – Academic Advising,
Records & Registration
Thunder Bay Campus
Permanent, Full Time
Competition # SCHII-22-48
Lakehead University is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Records Officer within Enrolment Services. Based in picturesque Thunder Bay, the regional capital of Northwestern Ontario which is located in the center of Canada and with close proximity to the United States.
Thunder Bay is one of Canada’s top emerging cities. Here you’ll find a mix of modern city living and the best of nature – all on your doorstep. Thunder Bay provides small city affordability, big city opportunities and the bonus of a superior lifestyle. When it comes to location, nature and cost of living, Thunder Bay is one of the best places to live in Canada.
Reporting to the Associate Registrar, the Records Officer is responsible for providing key support to the Associate Registrar in maintaining standards for data collection and maintenance for the purpose of government enrolment reporting. and production of student academic records. The Records Officer provides support to the Associate Vice Provost Enrolment & Registrar and the Associate Registrar by contributing to the improvement of the services and functionality of Enrolment Services - Academic Advising, Records and Registration to students, the University community, and the general public.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Developing new initiatives to streamline and improve the efficiency of student record keeping and coach data entry staff on new initiatives and processes
- Maintaining and updating student records for Enrolment reporting and quality control
- Monitoring transfer of student information from Undergraduate Admissions and Graduate Studies to ensure quality and adherence to data quality
- Verification of active programs, year levels and student types
- Perform edit checks on all student record information
- Advising and processing Letter of Permission and Student exchange applications and processes
- Verification of Ontario Education numbers and International student registration details
- Graduation/degree audit assessments for current students
- Official transcript production, electronic and hard copy
- Degree production
- Liaise with program Chairpersons, Directors and Admins, student records, graduation, marks management
- Update web pages, convocation, student registration, AARR services
- Under-graduate degree preferred
- Working knowledge of the University culture and organizational structure
- In-depth understanding of University regulations and policies
- Expertise with student information system (Ellucian - formerly Datatel/Colleague)
- General knowledge of MTCU reporting and OEN generation
Excellent communication skills and an ability to interact empathetically, efficiently and easily with diverse ethnicities and various personalities
- The successful candidate must be able to practice good judgment, effective time management and be a team player in a high paced, challenging environment with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Understanding of the federal and provincial privacy acts and the ability to work in a tactful and confidential manner
- Working knowledge of Trusted Links, Ontario Universities' Electronic Transcript System/SPEEDE/ExPRESS standards, Content Management System, DLI reporting
- Candidates must be competent in in Microsoft Excel, and word
Lakehead University offers a competitive remuneration package including salary, comprehensive benefits package, life insurance, pension plan, and tuition waiver.
Interested applicants may apply by clicking on this link to a Google Form and attaching your cover letter and resume in word or PDF format by October 11, 2022.
If you have any technical difficulties in accessing the link, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Lakehead University is committed to supporting an accessible environment. Applicants requiring accommodation during the interview process should contact the Office of Human Resources at (807) 343.8334 or email@example.com to make appropriate arrangements.
Lakehead University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals including women, racialized persons, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and other equity-seeking groups. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. This is in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements.