Postdoctoral Fellow Position / Research Scholar Position
in Geotechnical Reliability and Risk
Position Title: Postdoctoral Fellow or Research Scholar
Department: Civil Engineering, Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Contract Type: Full-Time
Contract Length: One year and renewable based on performance
Salary Information: Following university guidelines and dependent on qualifications.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
This position is ideally suited to a highly motivated candidate who has a strong background in engineering reliability and risk analysis and design. The research program is focused on developing novel methods in probabilistic reliability and risk of geotechnical engineering with applications in slopes, foundations, retaining walls, tunnels, etc.
The key responsibilities include:
- Develop novel methods, algorithms, and techniques in geotechnical reliability and risk, entropy theory, and quantile theory.
- Conduct in situ soil exploration, soil sampling, laboratory soil testing, and modelling.
- Produce top-quality conference and journal publications in collaboration with other colleagues and project members.
- Participate in meetings, workshops, seminars, and demonstrations.
EXPECTED CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE
- Applicants must have a PhD in Civil Engineering, or Geotechnical Engineering, or a closely related discipline.
- Experience in structural reliability analysis and design, or geotechnical reliability and risk.
- A track record of peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience in field soil testing and laboratory soil testing would be an asset.
Applications are considered immediately (April 2022) until the available position is filled. To apply, please send the following in a single PDF file to the contact information below:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Research statement
- Name and contact information of three references
- Two sample publications
Selected applications will be contacted.
Dr. Jian Deng, Associate Professor
Department of Civil Engineering, Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7B 5E1, Canada